Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/26/2023 11:39:39 PM EDT
I have this KAC legacy lower, it has some interesting markings on it. The magwell looks like it had the markings milled off and remarked as seen by the machining line near the bottom of the mag well. The safety markings have also been milled and remarked. Looking at pictures of other legacy lowers, not many look like this. Any ideas on what this could be?

ETA: this doesn’t bother me at all, it does not affect function, I am just curious as to why this may have been done

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 12:24:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Tagged. This is very intriguing and would like to know more too.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 2:30:23 AM EDT
[#2]
It’s an early version of the sr15, not molested. The larger clamp on the rear BUIS is older as well, so is the lack of serrations on the side of the trigger guard. The scalloped selector did not come on those lowers, that was changed.

Here’s an example….

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/967132961
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 9:41:17 AM EDT
[#3]
I've seen those before. I always assumed they were SR-16 lowers that ended up getting re-worked as SR-15s for some reason prior to final manufacturing steps and registration (i.e. sear hole).
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 11:44:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It’s an early version of the sr15, not molested. The larger clamp on the rear BUIS is older as well, so is the lack of serrations on the side of the trigger guard. The scalloped selector did not come on those lowers, that was changed.

Here’s an example….

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/967132961
View Quote

Interesting, I do have the non scalloped right side lever as well.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 9:07:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Great info in this thread.  Learn something new everyday.  If not for the QDC, I admit I would have thought it was a fake of some kind.
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 5:00:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Will post pics of mine this evening. Very similar to yours but slightly different in regards to what the marks look like. Same safe/fire selector markings with the oval around them, and the non-serrated edges trigger guard.

Edit: looked at the gunbroker link above and it looks exactly like the one pictured. Can notice on the bolt catch release side under the knights crest/serial number, the machining has a little curve in it on the magwell to the right. Almost like a Nike swoosh.

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top