Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 9/29/2018 6:05:01 PM EDT
I may be able to stop by KCR in a couple weeks.
I’m looking for surplus powder, sized surplus bullets, primers and maybe a few loaded rounds of M33 and some higher quality projectiles.
I know Pats is a good source for this stuff, but are there any other vendors I should keep an eye out for?
I’ve been to the Creek a few times before and know my way around, but never was looking for .50 reloading stuff.
Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 6:32:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 9:18:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Try finding Jerry Hazlet of Amer-I-can Enterprises.

He is an expert we FCSA shooters use for reference.
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 10:51:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 9:30:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Jerry did sell a lot of his stuff after a serious (health scare).

He still is able to deliver a heap of info about the 50BMG.
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 10:20:47 PM EDT
[#5]
You should be able to find surplus 50 powder from 2-3 vendors as well as primers. Scarce though and not the bargain they used to be. Surplus pulled bullets are very scarce. Maybe one vendor, maybe two will have any at all. Very little loaded 50 BMG remanufactured ammo. Gone are the days you could buy skid loads of surplus components or remanufactured 50 ammo. Still a good show, just be aware you'll not see much surplus bullets and powder. Check the vendor across the road from the covered sheds where Pat's Reloading is located. (behind the clubhouse) He has tables with ammo cans with various bullets. Best chance to find M33 ball at his tables and maybe powder.  Bartlett from GIBRASS is often beside his tables with powder.  The Hi-Tech vendor may have primers and powder? You will probably see some API 50 pulled bullets which are less popular as they can start fires and not allowed on most ranges. Sorry for the depressing report but it's gotten worse every year from about 2003.
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 8:41:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the info guys.
I’ve checked out Pats Reloading at KCR before but didn’t buy any .50 stuff because I wasn’t looking for it at the time.
It’s nice that most vendors there are in the same spot every year.
I do remember the days of pulled Bullets and powder being much more common and cheap years ago, but better to get into the game late than never.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top