Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2021 8:41:48 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:52:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I have it and used one of their loads in a Win AA.

Be advised that .33 diameter buckshot in a Win or Rem hull is a pretty tight fit.

I suggest a thin walled, disc based high volume hull like Cheddite, Fed GM, Rio or Fiochi.

If you are planning on using a Win AA or Rem STS hull try a slightly smaller diameter pellet.

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:28:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have it and used one of their loads in a Win AA.

Be advised that .33 diameter buckshot in a Win or Rem hull is a pretty tight fit.

I suggest a thin walled, disc based high volume hull like Cheddite, Fed GM, Rio or Fiochi.

If you are planning on using a Win AA or Rem STS hull try a slightly smaller diameter pellet.
View Quote

@latama666

Thank you.  I will order the book.  Long story short, I already have a few hundred primed Fiocchi hulls.  I only have Red Dot powder.  I’m in the reading/research phase right now.

ETA:  Is there a buckshot wad you would recommend for Fiocchi hulls?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:44:38 AM EDT
[#3]
These days even the big shot is hard to find too, so if you are okay with lead shot, then grab what you can get.

For example, that same company with the loading manual is a good outfit, but out of stock on most buckshot.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:33:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
These days even the big shot is hard to find too, so if you are okay with lead shot, then grab what you can get.

For example, that same company with the loading manual is a good outfit, but out of stock on most buckshot.
View Quote

@RegionRat

Thanks for the heads up, and I noticed that they are out everywhere.  I did place a back-order on some Hornady 00.  I’ve got quite a bit of factory Federal and Winchester right now, so this is something I can wait out.  I’ve got primers, primed shells and Red Dot.  I want to see what my options are!
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:03:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

@latama666

Thank you.  I will order the book.  Long story short, I already have a few hundred primed Fiocchi hulls.  I only have Red Dot powder.  I’m in the reading/research phase right now.

View Quote

You need to use the wad listed in the load data you are using.  Do not use a substitute wad.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:09:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

@latama666
I already have a few hundred primed Fiocchi hulls.
View Quote

Might be worth joining the Shotgunworld forum.  There is a sub forum in the reloading section devoted to "Euro" hulls.  Lots of good info there.  Another good resource on FB or MeWe is "Buck and Slug Reloaders" group.  some of the guys are recipe only, some are developing and having lab tested their own.

Also, not sure if you are aware of the difference in the primer bore sizes in some of the euros vs domestic.  Using say a win primer in a Fiocchi, it will fall out.  Putting a Nobel Sport primer in a win hull will over size it, and going back to a win primer, it will fall out.

ETA:
Hi-techammo.com has a bit of demilled buckshot and larger non bird shot available.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:21:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You need to use the wad listed in the load data you are using.  Do not use a substitute wad.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@latama666

@latama666

Got it.  I figured I could add it to the book order, but I’ll get the book first and stick to the load data!
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:23:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Might be worth joining the Shotgunworld forum.  There is a sub forum in the reloading section devoted to "Euro" hulls.  Lots of good info there.  Another good resource on FB or MeWe is "Buck and Slug Reloaders" group.  some of the guys are recipe only, some are developing and having lab tested their own.

Also, not sure if you are aware of the difference in the primer bore sizes in some of the euros vs domestic.  Using say a win primer in a Fiocchi, it will fall out.  Putting a Nobel Sport primer in a win hull will over size it, and going back to a win primer, it will fall out.

ETA:
Hi-techammo.com has a bit of demilled buckshot and larger non bird shot available.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@latama666
I already have a few hundred primed Fiocchi hulls.

ETA:

@chumly2071

Got it.  I actually do have some Fiocchi and Winchester primers on hand, and I’ll check out that other site.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top