Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 10/24/2018 2:37:15 PM EDT
Anyone know a source for data for the Ma Deuce?
The data I can find from Hodgdon etc seems more for the rifles.
Can I use the same data for the power?
I have Lake City Brass and M33 projectiles
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 5:31:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 5:43:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pretty much, the M2 is a beast and those moving parts are heavy. At the same time you dont need to max out the charge to make the gun run reliably.

Some of the M2 owners will post soon about what loads will work, 220 grs of powder should make any M2 run without any issues. 240 grs should be used as a MAX load but I know guys that have used more.

Just comes down to being safe, seen one M2 get screwed up because the owner was using shitty old ammo. Another issue is saving money, by using less powder when reloading, you can load more rounds.
View Quote
Thanks
Other than being old all my ammo is surplus LC or similar.
I am not interested in saving a few cents in powder on a $30,000 plus gun.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 10:59:37 AM EDT
[#3]
To echo 50_shooter I find 220g of WC860 runs my semiauto M2HB with API pull down bullets. I have also used 225g of IMR5010 with the same bullet and had zero problems.

Based on you $30k comment I assume you have a full auto. Running light loads can slow down the cyclic rate same as running tight head space.

One trick I learned from the local MG shooters is to coat your rounds with a light coat of furniture wax. This will ease extraction and extends case life. Johnson's paste wax in the yellow can works well. Rub a little between your palms then roll a few rounds to give them a light coating. It dries to a none sticky solid and does not attract dirt/dust.

PS, if you are looking for powder Bartlett reloaders has both WC860 & WC870 at a decent price.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 12:11:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Fleet Farm just put their #35 primers on clearance.....if you have one nearby.

ETA: No deuce here, just a rifle.
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 12:45:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I've had good success with wc872 at 225gr for 647gr to 690gr bullets.  US869 performs similarly.
wc860 or IMR5010 at 218gr - 220gr with the same projectiles.  H50BMG performs similarly.
For heavier 750-800gr bullets, published RL-50 or VV20N29 works well.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top