Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2018 12:27:10 PM EDT
I just emailed M60 Joe and confirmed that he will be off until the end of the summer.  I need an AR15 carrier milled for my link.  Any suggestions for places that can do this?  I've always just sent them to M60Joe in the past.
Link Posted: 3/14/2018 1:40:09 PM EDT
[#1]
USAnodizing has someone in house who does gunsmithing for MGs, might be able to tackle that.

Can you just buy a new SP1 BCG?
Link Posted: 3/14/2018 2:33:28 PM EDT
[#2]
It's easier and usually cheaper,  when you have multiple hosts; to just have the carriers machined to spec.
Link Posted: 3/14/2018 7:45:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
USAnodizing has someone in house who does gunsmithing for MGs, might be able to tackle that.

Can you just buy a new SP1 BCG?
View Quote
whats so special about the SP1 carrier
Link Posted: 3/15/2018 7:42:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

whats so special about the SP1 carrier
View Quote
The RLL was designed to be used with a SP1 bolt carrier, which was the semi-auto BC for the colt SP1 rifle. t has a different cut at the rear than a M16 BC. Nothing Special about it but is needed to use a LL
Link Posted: 3/16/2018 9:25:36 AM EDT
[#5]
I used to send my carrier to M60joe.
He always does outstanding job but for the same money you could buy real nice carrier specifically made for LL.
The chrome one is super easy to clean and very smooth.
Mine always runs 100% with it... I would highly recommend it.

P.S they also have stripped LL carrier too.

https://youngmanufacturing.net/product/ym-lightning-link-bolt-carrier-complete-phosphate-or-chrome/
Link Posted: 3/16/2018 9:36:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Mike Klos did mine years ago. It worked fine. That being said, when I needed a second carrier, I just used a grinder and a file to make the same profile.

American Manufacturing
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 3:44:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I just emailed M60 Joe and confirmed that he will be off until the end of the summer.  I need an AR15 carrier milled for my link.  Any suggestions for places that can do this?  I've always just sent them to M60Joe in the past.
View Quote
Lookup user genofromreno on GunBroker. He has been selling Colt Sp1 carriers for $150 a piece. I would save the one you have any just buy an actual Sp1 carrier. No questions as to whether it is to Sp1 spec or not.
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 4:00:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
P.S they also have stripped LL carrier too.
https://youngmanufacturing.net/product/ym-lightning-link-bolt-carrier-complete-phosphate-or-chrome/
View Quote
Why not buy these stripped for $65? Seems like the best option.
https://youngmanufacturing.net/product/ym-lightning-link-bolt-carrier-stripped-phosphate-or-chrome/
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 8:42:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for all the ideas.  I don't use the Young Manufacturing RLL carriers,  because they put their logo prominently on the side.  I have been doing all retro AR clone builds, the last few years.  The carrier I need cut currently, is actually a Young Manufacturing, no logo, chrome, slickside BCG. They don't offer that carrier, cut for a Registered Lightning Link. Also just buying a Young Carrier is tough; they are constantly out of stock. Shooting a period correct retro clone on full auto, is lots of fun!
Link Posted: 4/1/2018 3:04:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Any machine shop can do the work.  From the back of the carrier it needs to be .380" with very little radius in the corners.  Get a cheap carrier and have it done and make sure it works.  If you have a good out come have the chrome one done.

Scott
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top