Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/19/2018 8:13:51 PM EDT
The title pretty much says it all. I would like a very small, lightweight red dot for an old Remington single shot .22. I don't mind spending money on this and would like for it to be pretty nice. Would milling it for an RMR be ridiculous, or is there a better way to go about it? This will be for my child and I would like to buy a sight for this rifle that could move on to others in the future.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 8:49:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Round receiver?  Could use a mount like I have on my 22/45 Lite that screws down to the receiver using another piece in the rear site dovetail.  If you can find one for a gun with the same diameter receiver you would only need to mill a dovetail.

Amazon Product
  • Designed for use with Burris Fast fire
  • Fits Rugger Mark I, II, & III models
  • 1 piece base

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 11:01:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks a ton for the link and the idea. This may prove to be interesting, as there isn't a rear dovetail, but a leaf type site mounted to the barrel. My father is a retired millwright, so I'll see what he thinks about it.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 11:08:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks a ton for the link and the idea. This may prove to be interesting, as there isn't a rear dovetail, but a leaf type site mounted to the barrel. My father is a retired millwright, so I'll see what he thinks about it.
View Quote
No problem!  Be sure to post pics if you get it mounted
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 7:49:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Call me old fashioned, but why not teach the kid with iron sights? I think most of us learned that way (including the military) if you want to step the kid up to an optic do it with a more modern rifle after he/she learns to be proficient with the single and Irons.

Just my .02
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 8:21:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Call me old fashioned, but why not teach the kid with iron sights? I think most of us learned that way (including the military) if you want to step the kid up to an optic do it with a more modern rifle after he/she learns to be proficient with the single and Irons.

Just my .02
View Quote
That's a pretty good point. Frankly, my father stated the same. There was also something mentioned about Anschutz, so I think the project costs will be spiraling out of control and making irons a necessity anyway.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 8:25:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Get a cricket for the red dot to go on?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top