Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/31/2020 2:48:45 AM EDT
So I'm wanting to put this expensive hodge podge of an upper together. It's very hard to get colt stuff, and I'm adding a suppressor to it. Last suppressor I put on myself and found out real quick that if the throat of the barrel and the suppressor hole doesn't line up it can destroy the suppressor.

Anyways since then I found out that I am no armorer, and I'd rather a qualified gunsmith put it all together. Any recommendations?
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 2:07:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Mike Klos at American manufacturing is an excellent gunsmith, especially for NFA stuff.

If its barrel machining stuff you are worried about.  You can contact Tom liemohn in Washington state. Liemohn manufacturing is his company and he typically has less work backlog so quicker turnaround times
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 5:13:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Mike Klos at American manufacturing is an excellent gunsmith, especially for NFA stuff.

If its barrel machining stuff you are worried about.  You can contact Tom liemohn in Washington state. Liemohn manufacturing is his company and he typically has less work backlog so quicker turnaround times
View Quote

Just want to make sure the barrel, muzzle device, and suppressor all line up. I no longer do that myself as I blew my first can up, and it was a colt barrel.....
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 7:05:00 PM EDT
[#3]
What about using an alignment rod to check concentricity before you cut loose?
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 7:06:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
What about using an alignment rod to check concentricity before you cut loose?
View Quote

Where do you get one of those?
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 7:31:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Where do you get one of those?
View Quote
I think Geisele makes them (probably wrong). I'm gonna follow this thread myself. I just had my first Form 4 approved, for a GemTech GM-22 suppressor. I want an alignment rod too.
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 5:39:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I think Geisele makes them (probably wrong). I'm gonna follow this thread myself. I just had my first Form 4 approved, for a GemTech GM-22 suppressor. I want an alignment rod too.
View Quote

Sweet. My first suppressor was a gemtech g5t. It’s hammered shit after I basically destroyed it by not having the barrel aligned right. Expensive lesson learned.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top