Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/8/2022 12:48:19 PM EDT
What would you guys recommend for my LMT 308 MWS?  This is my Deer and Hog hunting rifle and don't know much about suppressors so any advice would be much appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 1:00:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Is weight a concern?

Do you use an adjustable gas system?
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 1:12:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Mine is a Mars H with 16” barrel using a DA brake and sandman S the rifle is crazy over gassed. Launches empties 20 feet away and the recoil is harsh.

Iirc the factory buffer is H3 weight I might try one of slash’s heavy buffers.

Not sure about adjustable gas block on this unless a smith can alter the factory gas block.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 1:23:00 PM EDT
[#3]
They are over gased from the get go. If you're planning on suppressing it, you might consider how you're going to control the gas.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 12:39:21 AM EDT
[#4]
I would say best bet would be oss/hux hxqd 762ti, however, a 3D printed version may soon be released.  An offering from sig, not sure which one is which, they have several new “low tox” low back pressure cans.  Cgs Helios qd ti (comes with solid and vented end cap).  Griffin explorr.30 has eco flow baffles which are supposed to be low back pressure.

Cgs/griffin would be better if you want to use it on a bolt gun as well, oss/hux probably better for the semi but not so great for bolt guns.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 6:51:45 AM EDT
[#5]
I didn't think about it being over gassed.  What are some ways to deal with that on this rifle?
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 12:20:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I didn't think about it being over gassed.  What are some ways to deal with that on this rifle?
View Quote

Gas tube from BRT
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 12:42:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 1:49:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If your rifle has a dual ejector bolt that is important to suppressor ejection consistency.   Our Dual Lok 7 is a great fit for an MWS as it has very low backpressure, and that is pretty critical to the reliability of the MWS with suppressors.  

We put a KAK industries dual ejector bolt into our MWS and it ran like a top.  ~139DB ear.  My MWS is early serial which I believe were the most overgassed guns, and the single ejector bolt malfs a lot- failures to eject / stovepiped cases.

I've been running cans for years on the MWS and the Dual Lok 7 is the best candidate suppressor I have run.
View Quote

I have one of the earlier ones, it's a first generation so I'm guessing it has the single eject bolt.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 4:25:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 9:12:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yeah mine is severely overgassed.  I think the KAK industries dual ejector bolt is a good idea, since my gun won't really run without it.  LMT also might make one now.  If you have issues with ejection maybe they will warranty supply you the part or offer you a discount.

I never talked to them about it, but I stopped taking the rifle seriously as a result of the issues long before I found the KAK bolt fixed it.  We started using the rifle for test firing .308 cans and for marketing video work in like 2017.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have one of the earlier ones, it's a first generation so I'm guessing it has the single eject bolt.

Yeah mine is severely overgassed.  I think the KAK industries dual ejector bolt is a good idea, since my gun won't really run without it.  LMT also might make one now.  If you have issues with ejection maybe they will warranty supply you the part or offer you a discount.

I never talked to them about it, but I stopped taking the rifle seriously as a result of the issues long before I found the KAK bolt fixed it.  We started using the rifle for test firing .308 cans and for marketing video work in like 2017.

Thanks, will definitely look into this a little more.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 9:15:19 PM EDT
[#11]
I use an OSS QD on my LMT MWS with no issues.

No tuning needed.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 12:56:57 PM EDT
[#12]
OSS seems like the obvious choice.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 11:39:18 AM EDT
[#13]
I run a Nomad 30 on my 13.5 MWS (.308), and it runs perfectly fine both suppressed and unsuppressed. Factory barrel and gas system.

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top