Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/3/2020 11:10:40 AM EDT
I’d like a trigger pull gauge to satisfy my curiosity on the trigger pull of various firearms, long arms and handguns.  

Any recommendations on a serviceable and reasonably accurate model?
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 11:19:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Are you right or left handed either way I recommend the index finger
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 11:26:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are you right or left handed either way I recommend the index finger
View Quote

RH.  I’m looking to have something more quantifiable than my Mark-I finger however.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 12:34:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Roger that!!! I unfortunately have  zero experience being that I don't own one myself.
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 1:25:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a Lyman 7832248 Electronic Digital, got for around 50 bucks, compared it to the Wheeler slider I have and they pretty much match up. The Lyman
is easier to read obviously that's why I got it. It's very handy because I work on 1911s a lot.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 11:55:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I have the Lyman , it works well, easy to use , seems reliable.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 7:19:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I have the wheeler digital gauge and I am very happy with it. I like how it has a memory feature and automatically gives you the average of how ever many pulls you do.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/101729029?pid=831412
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 8:42:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Water weighs about one pound per pint. You'll need an empty milk jug, a piece of string, and a piece of wire coat hanger.
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 11:03:12 PM EDT
[#8]
I have the Lyman electronic trigger gauge and the Wheeler trigger scale (non electronic). They both work well, but if I were to do it over I would just get the Lyman.

Lyman can measure in different ways and can do an average if you touch the AVG button.
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 4:34:48 AM EDT
[#9]
I have gone through 4 Lyman electronic gauges. They don't register correctly.
I am comparing them to my RCBS spring trigger guage.

If you have a Lyman and a spring type trigger guage. compare and see how close the reading are?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top