But now that I I have made it. Do I have to remove the existing
Serial number ?
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 9:39:16 PM EDT
[#1]
No just add ... Gen 2

just kidding
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 9:50:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't know about laws in PA, but in general, yes you may build your own firearm. Using a demilled frame is fine. You may choose to adopt the engraved serial number on the cut frame or, before you weld it back together, you could weld/obliterate the original number, then pick a new serial number to engrave, or have no serial number whatsoever. You must meet federal engraving requirements if you engrave one.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 2:56:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:15:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Is it a Police confiscation de-mill?

Gunbroker has a lot of de-mills that are from companies that de-mill crime guns for PD's.

I think if that were the case I would consider re-serializing it rather than keep a number that could potentially still be on the books somewhere as stolen , or evidence....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top