Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/13/2018 8:05:00 AM EDT
I am not convinced of Rebel Silencer using 7075 Aluminum for the various muzzle threading adaptors.

However, their Gen2 design of using a stainless steel insert on the baffles is a step in the right direction.

Because of the greater internal volume of the SOS-Thumpa vs. the SilencerCo Hybrid 46, the Thumpa sounded better on my 45-70.

No Larson Davis sound meter LxT used, no sense in posting erroneous data.

SilencerCo Hybrid 46 Rebel SOS Thumpa Henry 45-70 6.5mm Creedmoor Lehigh Defense Tests
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 5:19:59 PM EDT
[#1]
What are the weight and dimensions of the SOS Thumpa?  Also price. I didn't see it listed on their website.
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 7:59:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What are the weight and dimensions of the SOS Thumpa?  Also price. I didn't see it listed on their website.
View Quote
Price is $400, 1.5" diameter, 11.5 inches long in full configuration. 12 ounces in full configuration
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 10:31:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Price is $400, 1.5" diameter, 11.5 inches long in full configuration. 12 ounces in full configuration
View Quote
Almost twice the size at half the price and 2/3 the weight, such a deal!  That's got to be almost all aluminum. Some European hunting suppressors are mostly aluminum, it works well for carrying weight and a slow, low temp firing schedule.  That's a tough sell in the US market once you add in the tax.

Hope your shoulder is OK, some stout recoil on a couple of those shots.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 6:44:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Almost twice the size at half the price and 2/3 the weight, such a deal!  That's got to be almost all aluminum. Some European hunting suppressors are mostly aluminum, it works well for carrying weight and a slow, low temp firing schedule.  That's a tough sell in the US market once you add in the tax.

Hope your shoulder is OK, some stout recoil on a couple of those shots.
View Quote
Copy that.

Yeah, I feel kinda bad for all suppressor companies in regards to what happened right after the 2016 election.

Every one was convinced that the HPA was going to pass...
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 12:49:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Rebel.  No thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top