Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2018 2:03:10 PM EDT
Have a chance to buy one of these through work direct from Sig $1800 new.

I've shot them before, but never suppressed. I keep hearing/seeing that they're worse than DI guns as soon as you throw a suppressor on them. Would primarily be using both of the SilencerCo Omegas, but may finally break down and buy a Q Trash Panda.

Is the gas really that bad of an issue when running suppressed? May just save my money and grab a Honey Badger, but I'm entertaining the idea just because of the discount I got offered on a Rattler.

Any insight is appreciated. Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 2:40:51 PM EDT
[#1]
A buddy of mine has a 6 inch barrel on his MCX and it's super gassy with a can on it. Straight out of the ejection port, right in the face. So much you can taste the unburned powder in your tears. A flow through suppressor would help, but "muh sig needs a sig can..."
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 2:44:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Have a chance to buy one of these through work direct from Sig $1800 new.

I've shot them before, but never suppressed. I keep hearing/seeing that they're worse than DI guns as soon as you throw a suppressor on them. Would primarily be using both of the SilencerCo Omegas, but may finally break down and buy a Q Trash Panda.

Is the gas really that bad of an issue when running suppressed? May just save my money and grab a Honey Badger, but I'm entertaining the idea just because of the discount I got offered on a Rattler.

Any insight is appreciated. Thanks!
View Quote
Mine does better with gas than a corresponding DI gun with my sandman s. I have shot about 1000 rounds through a select fire 16” MCX in an afternoon with a Sig SRD338 and never notice any gas.

The Rattler handily outclasses the HB in every way other than weight.
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 2:47:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Shot a Sig reps with whatever Sig can and also have access to one with an omega on it. Seriously struggled making it through the Sig reps magazine. One with omega is still bad but doesn't seem as bad
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 4:42:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
A buddy of mine has a 6 inch barrel on his MCX and it's super gassy with a can on it. Straight out of the ejection port, right in the face. So much you can taste the unburned powder in your tears. A flow through suppressor would help, but "muh sig needs a sig can..."
View Quote
Was offered a discount on the corresponding Sig can, but it's HUGE and heavy. Discount isn't steep enough for me to consider one. Sucks that it's that rough on the gas, though. I appreciate the input. Might just put my name on the HB pistol wait list.

Quoted:

Mine does better with gas than a corresponding DI gun with my sandman s. I have shot about 1000 rounds through a select fire 16” MCX in an afternoon with a Sig SRD338 and never notice any gas.

The Rattler handily outclasses the HB in every way other than weight.
View Quote
Hmm, I wonder how much the 338 can and extra barrel helps with venting gas out the front. Weight is still a huge concern. I'm a believer in piston systems, especially suppressed. But if they don't perform, the weight isn't worth it.

How else do you think the Rattler outclasses the HB? Genuinely curious.

Quoted:
Shot a Sig reps with whatever Sig can and also have access to one with an omega on it. Seriously struggled making it through the Sig reps magazine. One with omega is still bad but doesn't seem as bad
View Quote
I would imagine it's their 762 QD can, whatever that's called. That's insane. I'd like to shoot one suppressed, but that's unlikely in this neck of the woods. Think I may be leaning towards the HB. Thanks for weighing in!
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 7:17:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Was offered a discount on the corresponding Sig can, but it's HUGE and heavy. Discount isn't steep enough for me to consider one. Sucks that it's that rough on the gas, though. I appreciate the input. Might just put my name on the HB pistol wait list.

Hmm, I wonder how much the 338 can and extra barrel helps with venting gas out the front. Weight is still a huge concern. I'm a believer in piston systems, especially suppressed. But if they don't perform, the weight isn't worth it.

How else do you think the Rattler outclasses the HB? Genuinely curious.

I would imagine it's their 762 QD can, whatever that's called. That's insane. I'd like to shoot one suppressed, but that's unlikely in this neck of the woods. Think I may be leaning towards the HB. Thanks for weighing in!
View Quote
For what it's worth, the 11 inch upper is just as bad suppressed. I'm edgy about it because my buddy is certain that a piston system will eliminate blowback, when that just isn't the case.
With that said, the mpx and mcx line are joyous to shoot either unsuppressed or with a flow through can.
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 8:42:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

For what it's worth, the 11 inch upper is just as bad suppressed. I'm edgy about it because my buddy is certain that a piston system will eliminate blowback, when that just isn't the case.
With that said, the mpx and mcx line are joyous to shoot either unsuppressed or with a flow through can.
View Quote
Good to know it's not an isolated incident. Couldn't help but wonder if the 6.75" barrel Sig sells would be any better. I do think there are piston systems out there that damn near eliminate all blowback, but I keep hearing the MCX ain't it. What a shame, that's a lot of weight up front to still have issues DI guns have.

Think I'm going HB, unless someone can change my mind.
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 9:28:52 PM EDT
[#7]
I guess I’ll be in the minority and say I don’t find mine to be that bad. Granted I’m using a Sandman K which is about as low backpressure as you can get, and I shoot outdoors. It’s never really bothered me, but I have noticed it.
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 9:54:45 PM EDT
[#8]
The gas to the face is mostly coming from the suppressor, back down the barrel, and in the shooters face.
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 10:02:36 PM EDT
[#9]
I shot a full auto MPX with a can a few weeks ago and it was TERRIBLE.
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 7:21:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Mine is "okay" with a Saker 762 on it. I shot it at night, and you could see the flash by the charging handle interface.
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 8:51:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I shot a full auto MPX with a can a few weeks ago and it was TERRIBLE.
View Quote
Quoted:
Mine is "okay" with a Saker 762 on it. I shot it at night, and you could see the flash by the charging handle interface.
View Quote
Seems like a common issue. Think my mind is made up. Wanted to see if it was just an isolated incident or a unfavorable combination of suppressor, but seems like everyone has the issue. Think I'll go with the HB for the weight, and added barrel length.

Anyone else had issues with their Rattler?
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 10:02:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Seems like a common issue. Think my mind is made up. Wanted to see if it was just an isolated incident or a unfavorable combination of suppressor, but seems like everyone has the issue. Think I'll go with the HB for the weight, and added barrel length.

Anyone else had issues with their Rattler?
View Quote
No issues with mine. It’s a tad chunky feeling for its small size, but it strikes me as a very quality and well thought out firearm. I do wish it were more compatible with the MCX family. If barrel swapping is something you’re into, I’d probably opt for something more like the 6.75” 300BLK MCX.

I’d definitely buy it again, and don’t think this will be my last MCX either.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 9:42:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'd definitely buy it again, and don't think this will be my last MCX either.
View Quote
This right here. It also gets fondled a lot more than my other guns.

MCX all the things.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 10:28:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

MCX all the things.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd definitely buy it again, and don't think this will be my last MCX either.

MCX all the things.
I've got a few MCX myself
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 6:15:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Mine isn't bad at all. 11.5" 556 with a Griffin Alpha.

I havent noticed  much gas to the face and I'm left handed.
Indoors,rapid fire there's a little bit but not enough to worry about.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top