Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/10/2018 3:32:52 PM EDT
A rainy morning, but went out to the range anyway figuring I could shoot steel. I just had to try out my new Saker 762.

It was awesome. All my shots were on my AR's. I was a bit apprehensive when I left my ear-pro off,  but I found out quick it was nothing bad.  I'll still use ear protection with any of them,  but nice that you don't have to worry too much. Just thought I'd try without to see what each was like.

I ran 30 rounds through my .223/5.56 carbine. I was using American Eagle 55 grain ammo.  Quieted it down nicely. Standard FSB on this and everything functioned normally. 14.5" pinned and welded with a carbine length gas tube.

The can worked really well on my Grendel. 20 shots of hand loads running 123 SST's pushed by 31 grains of CFE-223. Tried without ears and like the .223 no worries at all. The tiny bit of recoil seemed to be decreased. This rifle does not have an adjustable gas block (Vltor low profile gas block) and didn't have any issues. Extraction, ejection and lockback all worked fine. 20" barrel with rifle length gas.

Next up was the 6.5 Creedmoor. 15 shots of hand loads using 147 ELD Match projectiles with 38.6 gr of H4350. This was really nice. I was used to the brake on it and it was loud.  With the Saker, no discomfort without ears. Recoil and muzzle rise seemed to be brought down with this too. This rifle has an adjustable gas block (SLR). It is tuned for no supressor and normally runs great. There were two rounds that did not extract/eject right,  so I'll have to check into that. Lockback worked as usual. 22" barrel with rifle length gas system.

Finally I ran 15 shots out of my 6mm Creedmoor. Just like 6.5 Creedmoor, although rise and recoil were similar the Grendel. These were hand loads using 108 grain ELD Match bullets and 39.6 grains of H4350. Adjustable (SLR) gas block here as well.  Tuned for no supressor and everything functioned fine. 22" barrel with rifle length gas.

The Rifles Only HAD cover I purchased worked great.  Can't wait to get out on a day where I can get my POI shifts determined and some chrony numbers. Overall I'm really pleased with what I purchased. It worked well with all my rifles just as I wanted. The HAD worked great as well and was worth the money. No movement and heat mirage was less when I did shots with and without it.  The ASR mount worked well and never came loose. No issues on operation other than it being new,  the lock ring was a little stiff. Blow back on each rifle was minimal, I didn't end up with a bunch of gas in my face. Each has standard charging handle except for the Grendel which has a BCM Gunfighter Mod 4 Medium because the bigger latch works better for me with the optic on the rifle.

Just thought I'd throw my first try info out there for others looking to cover multiple calibers. I'll get some shot group pics and velocities posted as soon as I can.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 2:31:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 5:05:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the write up. Sounds like an awesome day.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top