Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/17/2017 4:41:46 PM EDT
I took 5 each of these excellently made and finished $12.99 OE brand straight 20rd mags for the Mini-14 to the range this morning and in a word, they were flawless.  I fired 100rds through them, each mag filled and fired slow, 5rd fire, rapid, 3rd bursts, slow, 5rd rife, etc., etc. and all fiver mags performed 100%.  In addition, they have a tab welded to the mag for lockup with Ruger mag catch, very much like the M14/M1A mags which provides more positive lockup and a solid grip vs Ruger's own mags that use a formed piece of the mag body to act as a tab for engagement.  Manufacture and finish looks to be equal or better than Ruger's and with their superior lockup, I feel that my OE mags will replace my 5 Ruger brand 20rd curved mags as the basic mags I use with my Mini.  

Great mags at 1/2 the price of Ruger's and, they really look the part.  

Link Posted: 11/17/2017 7:14:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Dang that's a sexy rifle. I would sand the shine off and oil the wood for a surplus look.
Link Posted: 11/17/2017 7:15:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Link?
Link Posted: 11/17/2017 7:50:25 PM EDT
[#3]
CDNN shows them for that price but OOS.
Link Posted: 11/17/2017 10:22:54 PM EDT
[#4]
OP, stop costing me money.  Your Mini was already enough justification for me to buy mine, and do most of the same things (minus the stock cut).

Now I am going to have to buy some more 20s for it, because we just think too much alike.
Link Posted: 11/17/2017 10:42:22 PM EDT
[#5]
How well do they work in auto (if anyone knows)? I'm always looking for quality alternatives to the standard factory mags for the AC556.

Ruger 20s are flawless for me. The 30s are a crap shoot. Curious how well these work.

I have yet to find an aftermarket worth a pinch. I have a pile of aftermarkets (literally) that might work fine in semi, but are absolute crap with a happy switch.
Link Posted: 11/17/2017 11:50:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/129976/IMG-0927-214534.jpgOP, stop costing me money.  Your Mini was already enough justification for me to buy mine, and do most of the same things (minus the stock cut).

Now I am going to have to buy some more 20s for it, because we just think too much alike.
View Quote
That's a sexy ass rifle.

Where did you get that M14-style top cover?
Link Posted: 11/18/2017 1:51:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

That's a sexy ass rifle.

Where did you get that M14-style top cover?
View Quote
It's a Choate, spray painted with Rustoleum flat brown enamel, in order to emulate exactly what the OP did with his rifle.  Because yes, it is incredibly sexy.  And the Socom Accu Strut, and GI tech sights--exactly like OPs rifle.  And now OP posts flawless, awesome looking, straight 20s for a good price, which I will soon also buy because OP has damn good ideas
Link Posted: 11/18/2017 3:43:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
How well do they work in auto (if anyone knows)? I'm always looking for quality alternatives to the standard factory mags for the AC556.

Ruger 20s are flawless for me. The 30s are a crap shoot. Curious how well these work.

I have yet to find an aftermarket worth a pinch. I have a pile of aftermarkets (literally) that might work fine in semi, but are absolute crap with a happy switch.
View Quote
I posted a range test report in Perfect Union's Mini forum but the short of it, all 5 of them worked perfectly in a stress test consisting of 5rds slow fire, 3rds rapid, 5 slow, 3 rapid until empty.  I did swap out the OE followers for Ruger brand because I found them cheap at Brownells just for the heck of it.
Link Posted: 11/18/2017 3:44:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Seven-Shooter, you haven't drilled the 'lightening hole' in your safety yet.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top