Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2022 12:05:04 AM EDT
I need molle radio pouches that will fit a baofeng uv5r with the extra large battery and a uv9r plus.

Something that works for both would be ideal, but I know that the radios are pretty different so any pouch suggestions would be great.

So….what you got?
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 12:31:08 AM EDT
[#1]
I use a single rifle mag open top, with bungee, or a closed flap pouch.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 12:45:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Beez makes some awesome pouch options
https://www.beezcombatsystems.com/collections/radio-pouch-1

You can never go wrong with Esstac as well
https://esstac.com/baeofang-radio-pouch/
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 3:30:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Plate carrier or chest rig?

I use Ferro Concepts Wingman pouch off the front bag and run it under the cummerbund.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 7:50:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I use a single rifle mag open top, with bungee, or a closed flap pouch.
View Quote

I’ve been doing this with the uv5r and it’s worked great, but the uv9r is wider and fatter. I can jam it in a mag pouch but it pushes the ptt button.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 7:50:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Beez makes some awesome pouch options
https://www.beezcombatsystems.com/collections/radio-pouch-1

You can never go wrong with Esstac as well
https://esstac.com/baeofang-radio-pouch/
View Quote

Awesome, thanks!
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 7:51:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Plate carrier or chest rig?

I use Ferro Concepts Wingman pouch off the front bag and run it under the cummerbund.
View Quote

Ideally I’d like one that would work with both.

I’ll check out the ferro concepts. Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 2:16:13 PM EDT
[#7]
I run a Baofeng with a Great Plains Creations skeleton guard on it and it's a very tight fit in my Beez Combat Systems, wish they were a little bit looser to accommodate the Great Plains Creations skeleton guard, which I feel is necessary with Baofengs.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 2:20:05 PM EDT
[#8]
I’m using a $3 Surplus desert camo flashbang pouch.

It has a buckle for retention and can fit the UV-5R with the normal battery well. If you use the extended battery, you just fold the flap back a bit and still use the nylon strap and buckle.

I was outraged at the idea of paying $30-50 for a radio pouch. This does the job just as well.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 3:38:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I run a Baofeng with a Great Plains Creations skeleton guard on it and it's a very tight fit in my Beez Combat Systems, wish they were a little bit looser to accommodate the Great Plains Creations skeleton guard, which I feel is necessary with Baofengs.
View Quote

I'm liking the Beez pouches quite a bit.  I like that they can hinge out and you can adjust your channel without fumbling with the radio.

The uv9r plus is supposed to be tougher than the uv5r and waterproof, which is why I bought a couple since we tend to have quite a few wet days around here.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 3:42:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I’m using a $3 Surplus desert camo flashbang pouch.

It has a buckle for retention and can fit the UV-5R with the normal battery well. If you use the extended battery, you just fold the flap back a bit and still use the nylon strap and buckle.

I was outraged at the idea of paying $30-50 for a radio pouch. This does the job just as well.

View Quote

Yeah, if I can keep it around $50 or below I'd be happy.

I've had good luck with Tactical Tailor's stuff & I've been looking at their radio pouch, but I understand that they don't work well with the uv5r with a bigger battery.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 4:26:38 PM EDT
[#11]
SKD has the esstac pouch for a great price......
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 7:08:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Tactical Tailor Lightweight Baofeng Pouch.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 9:07:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
SKD has the esstac pouch for a great price......
View Quote

I will definitely check that out. Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 9:09:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Have you used one of these?   Do the uv5rs with extended batteries fit them ok?  Can you press the channel buttons through the clear plastic on them or do you have to take the radios out to adjust them?
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 9:53:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Have you used one of these?   Do the uv5rs with extended batteries fit them ok?  Can you press the channel buttons through the clear plastic on them or do you have to take the radios out to adjust them?
View Quote

I have one of these. Will not work with the extended batteries. You can sort of work the buttons through the plastic shield, but thinking would be worse with gloves on.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 10:20:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

To make sure that we are all on the same page: LIGHTWEIGHT BAOFENG RADIO POUCH

I have one on my PC. Unlike WTF^, I only use mine with the extended battery, and the pouch is specifically capable of use with that extended battery. The front panel with the MOLLE slots has a Velcro backing and is adjustable. There is no clear plastic cover.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 11:28:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I have one of these. Will not work with the extended batteries. You can sort of work the buttons through the plastic shield, but thinking would be worse with gloves on.
View Quote

Right on, thanks!
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 11:30:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

To make sure that we are all on the same page: LIGHTWEIGHT BAOFENG RADIO POUCH

I have one on my PC. Unlike WTF^, I only use mine with the extended battery, and the pouch is specifically capable of use with that extended battery. The front panel with the MOLLE slots has a Velcro backing and is adjustable. There is no clear plastic cover.
View Quote

Ah, that makes sense.  I've been looking at the TT Enhanced Baofeng Radio Pouch

But the lightweight one looks good too.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 11:39:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Closed flap double ar15 mag pouch. Based on METT-TC, it can hold your Baofeng with extended battery, 2 30 rd mags, water bottle (16 oz Nalgene or disposable), cm18 smoke, TAG flashbang, monocular, magpul bipod with Larue QD, SOA rescue med mag hybrid IFAK (swap out compressed gauze for combat gauze, add TCCC card and reseal) or other similar sized or smaller items. Multipurpose for the win. Plus the flap helps keep rain away from the water resistant Baofeng.
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 4:46:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Milwaukee custom kydex
I have one of these.  I don't think it gets any better.  The only downside I see is they are solid colors.  If you have to have multicam, you would have to wrap it.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 11:34:46 AM EDT
[#21]
I just got my hands on a Beez baofeng pouch a couple days ago.
I haven't fielded it yet, but am liking it so far.
Link Posted: 9/15/2022 12:54:10 PM EDT
[#22]
I've got a number of dedicated baofeng pouches, but the usgi surplus flashbang pouch mentioned above is the best.  And they're like $3.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top