Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/25/2020 5:26:42 PM EDT
Been looking at getting into some C&R stuff finally and I’m kinda liking RTI’s Enfields from Africa.  
Is RTI good to deal with?
Is $500 a good price for these Enfields?
They seem like a cool piece of history since most have probly been through 2 world wars.  I probly would just have it to collect and look at, not shoot(don’t even know if you could shoot one of these).
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 6:39:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I would buy one.
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 7:59:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Looking at them also, why wouldn’t you be able to shoot them?
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 8:31:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Idk.  Too old?
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 9:37:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Owning a Lee Enfield, and not shooting it, is criminal.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 3:08:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Tempted to get two junk grade ones. Cobble one together with parts from the other, and over time replace what is missing/broke from the second one
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 4:52:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Idk.  Too old?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Idk.  Too old?

LOL, no such thing as too old to shoot

There are guys out there that are still shooting original land pattern muskets
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 5:02:13 PM EDT
[#7]
I want one of those and a k98 but I will hope for a sale special. I did order a m1 carbine as those will probably sell pretty quick and have been reading good things about them so far.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 1:30:28 PM EDT
[#8]
I saw their youtube video they posted on the rifles.  Some look pretty good.  The one question I have is some of the rifles appear to have the "Ishapore Screw" denoting they were manufactured in India.  Not sure exactly how they ended up in Africa.  If only those rifles could talk...
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 1:47:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Not in any way commenting on the quality of RTI's inventory, just to the "fireability" of an old no1 mk3. I have one and fired 2 rounds. The chamber was pitted badly enough for the case to expand into the pits basically creating an anchor inside there. Opening the bolt required tools. Could be my grandpa just didnt take care of it, but I doubt it. So things can be wrong after a long service life, but I  would assume they test fire them before they sell them.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 4:46:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Unless it looked really clean with very good stock/no cracks or signs of cracking, I don’t think I would shoot it.  A wwii vintage Enfield and maybe I’d crank some rounds through it.
I don’t have a lot of stuff over 100 years old that I could use reliably.  Maybe I’m crazy
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 11:15:27 AM EDT
[#11]
We'll see what I get, I have three on the way.

two no 4 mk 1 fixer uppers
one no 1 mk 3 WW1 vintage

$1035 shipped for all three.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 1:18:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By governmentman:
We'll see what I get, I have three on the way.

two no 4 mk 1 fixer uppers
one no 1 mk 3 WW1 vintage

$1035 shipped for all three.
View Quote

@governmentman

Post some pictures of the No4s once you get them in, I’ve been eyeballing them hard. If I can sell a rifle I’ve got posted I’ve told myself I’m buying one

Would love to get a No 1 Mk3, but I’d have to sell more than one gun. Just picked up a sporterized 1916 for around $140 to fill the void
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 1:23:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By governmentman:
We'll see what I get, I have three on the way.

two no 4 mk 1 fixer uppers
one no 1 mk 3 WW1 vintage

$1035 shipped for all three.
View Quote

Interested to see the condition of them. Please post when you get them in
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 1:30:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By crazysarge16:

@governmentman

Post some pictures of the No4s once you get them in, I’ve been eyeballing them hard. If I can sell a rifle I’ve got posted I’ve told myself I’m buying one

Would love to get a No 1 Mk3, but I’d have to sell more than one gun. Just picked up a sporterized 1916 for around $140 to fill the void
View Quote

Will do. Took them almost a week to ship my M1 carbine, so it might be a bit.

Before this order my only enfield was a Ishapore no 1 mk 3. These should round out my collection nicely in that area.

Between selling some ammo at panic prices and some winnings on PredictIt, I have some spare cash right now. Even if I have to buy a few parts for the no 4's, these will still be under $400 each and a solid investment.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 8:28:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Ended up ordering a Chassepot instead because....Gun Jesus inspired me to?  
We’ll see what I end up getting.
I definitely would like to see some pictures of the Enfields you guys get.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 9:35:47 PM EDT
[#16]
I was able to sell a rifle I had listed to cover the majority of the cost to buy one of the No4s.  Now to get my FFL paperwork sent to them
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 12:03:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Someone mentioned the "Ishapore screw."  This is a modification done by Indian arsenals in an attempt to strengthen the stock--a screw was inserted across the foreend.  Doesn't mean the rifle was made in India.

Rob
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 7:56:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Anyone ever pick up one of these yet with pics?
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 6:24:58 PM EDT
[#19]
@governmentman

He’s the only one I know for sure that got one and was not pleased, plus they screwed him over on the No4s he had ordered so he canceled that

They have some Memorial Day sales going on currently, but I think I’ll pass on doing any more business with them
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 7:12:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
@governmentman

He’s the only one I know for sure that got one and was not pleased, plus they screwed him over on the No4s he had ordered so he canceled that

They have some Memorial Day sales going on currently, but I think I’ll pass on doing any more business with them
View Quote

I'm not happy with what I received. Cut and paste from another thread:

The no 1 mk 3 I received on a separ­ate order is in sad shape and not worth the $­500 I paid. mismatched, magazine dented bad enough to in­terfere with the follower, front sling swivel­ broken off, bore really ugly (but I'll hold ­off on final judgement that after I shoot it)­, broken firing pin spring. This wasn't one of the grade C's, this was s­upposedly a good rifle. And this shipped before the issue with the n­o 4's, so it couldn't be that they gave me a ­bad one out of spite for that.

I have since used some scrap metal and C clamps to press out the dent in the magazine. Still there but much improved, no longer contacts the follower. Waiting on a spring set from wolff to replace the broken one.

I'll try to get some potato phone pics later. I wish I had taken some before pictures
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 11:08:44 AM EDT
[#21]
Can't comment on RTI.  I have C&R rifles that I haven't shot.  If you want one " to look at", go for it.  Enfields are getting pretty rare.  At least in SW Fl.
If you want to shoot it, have the head space checked.  The bolt heads unscrew, and are numbered 0 - 5.  As the chamber wore, they would install the next bigger bolt head.
The problem with Enfields is, it's difficult to find bolt heads.  I've had 4 over the years.  My current is a #4 mk 1 post war refurb.  
Good luck with yours.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top