Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/31/2020 12:43:50 PM EDT
I'm looking at a Costco ad for a Cannon CS72 for 699 (no sales tax on safes in my state). I'm not getting it as a primary safe for my place and am mostly looking at it as overflow for my primary safe. I'll likely toss the old bolt guns, shotguns and documents in it. Seems reasonable for what you are paying out and should keep little hands off the contents. What are your thoughts? I understand it wont keep out determined attackers, I dont think much truely will.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 9:36:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Personally, I wouldn't buy anything from Alpha Guardian. They are in Chapter 11 and throwing all their suppliers under the bus for their poor management and merger of a few different companies under this banner. But, that's just me.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 10:12:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Look at American Security safes on Amazon and other places.  They make a good product.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 6:08:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I have that safe. I paid the same for it during Black Friday. Nothing wrong with it, for the price. The electronic lock has worked fine over the past two years. Swapping the keypad for something professionals says is more reliable is on my list of things to do. But that's because of horror stories in the forum, not because I've had issues.
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 4:23:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I would steer toward something with a more reliable lock on it. We have had a lot of issues with those locks on that safe. Something like the Securam prologic, SG Titan pivot bolt, SG Spartan pivot bolt, or the Lagard elock are all more reliable options.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 5:04:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Snopczynski:
I would steer toward something with a more reliable lock on it. We have had a lot of issues with those locks on that safe. Something like the Securam prologic, SG Titan pivot bolt, SG Spartan pivot bolt, or the Lagard elock are all more reliable options.
View Quote

This is good to hear that someone else is saying go with a good electronic lock.  I've used a mechanical lock on my old Stack One gun cabinet but when I finally got a better RSC (Liberty Safe Lincoln 25) I was offered the optional Securam Prologic for no charge (regular price was $189).  I have faith that the technology has progress to the point where these electronic lock will fare well in the long run.  I like the speed, convenience, and the ability to change my combination on the fly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top