Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2018 5:12:40 PM EDT
Afternoon folks,

I am about to pick up my new-to-me M16 RR that already has a Geissele SSF trigger installed. Not to ignite this debate again, but because it's an RR I am inclined to try and preserve it's condition any way possible. I know Bill Geissele has been very VERY clear in the past that the original KNS pins were too soft and not sized correctly for his triggers; and was therefore very adamant about not using them; period.

Enter these damn KNS Gen-G pins. So were these jointly developed with Bill Geissele? Do they have his stamp of approval? Or were they only developed because of the above criticism and still do not have the blessing of Geissele? My dealer has a call into them and will hopefully hear back regarding the usage of these soon.

My RR is one of the early billet machined RR's manufactured by Olympic Arms (brought to spec and refinished by M60 Joe and US Anodizing). These receivers have a reputation of being slightly softer than forged which makes me want to have counter measures even though I will most likely only be shooting 556 through it.

Any thoughts and advice would be greatly appreciated. So, to zero base this: should I use KNS Gen-G pins or keep the current hardened Geissele pins in that ship with with SSF trigger?

---Adam
Link Posted: 3/25/2018 5:51:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd listen to the man himself and use the Geissele pins. He and his team is incredibly obsessed about quality and won't put it out if it's anything less than 100% for the intended platform.
Link Posted: 3/26/2018 9:38:01 AM EDT
[#2]
After researching and talking to Geissele I stuck with using the Geissele pins
Link Posted: 3/26/2018 8:41:15 PM EDT
[#3]
NVM
Link Posted: 3/29/2018 6:59:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Email from the man himself below:

Adam,

We have never worked with KNS at all. I cant tell you if these pins would work or not. Personally I would stick with our pins. Make sure you have a fresh buffer spring or a Super 42 spring.

Good luck

Bill

Bill Geissele
Geissele Automatics
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top