Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/19/2021 2:22:25 AM EDT
After scrubbing the nets looking for a way to directly mount an RMR to my SP5, I quit looking. Instead I have designed one. I have a guy that will mill them on a Hass robot. The rub is he wants to do ten as a minimum.
I believe I have a very good solution, I just need to feel out whether or not there is a market for such a mount. It indexes on the tab at the top and allows the iron sights to align just below the red dot in the glass.
The front sight hood and the body of the RMR frame each other pretty well, providing a working answer to the co-witness question.
Am I crazy? Any body interested?
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 3:14:23 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm interested in something like that. Able to figure out a price for the item and any possibility of showing a proof of concept?
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 8:42:29 AM EDT
[#2]
I will probably early march. I have to cast some signal cannon barrels before he writes the program.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 10:02:03 AM EDT
[#3]
I still can’t believe no one has made an aimpoint acro mount for the MP5. Seems like an ideal red dot for the platform that would co-witness.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 11:22:55 AM EDT
[#4]
What about the KAC RAS and optics mount?
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 12:22:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Take look at this

I have it on mine and I love it. It replaces the rear sight assembly. I mounted an SRO on mine, so since it's round if the sight ever dies you still have a diopter of sorts and can make it work

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 10:49:14 PM EDT
[#6]
I have the M8 industries RMR mount on my SP5K as well. I liked it so much I bought another for my FA SP89. I may try a Holosun on that one. It’ll be interesting to see how it holds up to FA fire.  I suspect it’ll be fine since they are designed for a pistol slide which is a much more violent action than what you get out of an MO5.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 11:52:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Those are all good solutions.  
But I want to retain use of both iron sights. Real co witness.
I actually like the castle rear sight and think with the  rmr mounted low enough it will create a very intuitive sight picture.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 3:41:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Those are all good solutions.  
But I want to retain use of both iron sights. Real co witness.
I actually like the castle rear sight and think with the  rmr mounted low enough it will create a very intuitive sight picture.
View Quote

I have the battle steel (botach) Aimpoint micro mount.  Not an rmr but it’s a beautiful perfect co-witness.  The front sight circle is perfectly around the dot and doesn’t interfere at all with the sight picture.  The only bad thing about it is the stupid white bold battle steel marking on the side.  I ended up having my blasted and cerakoted.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 5:11:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I have the battle steel (botach) Aimpoint micro mount.  Not an rmr but it’s a beautiful perfect co-witness.  The front sight circle is perfectly around the dot and doesn’t interfere at all with the sight picture.  The only bad thing about it is the stupid white bold battle steel marking on the side.  I ended up having my blasted and cerakoted.  
https://i.imgur.com/LR2q0jx.jpg
View Quote

I'd be in for one if the price is reasonable.

I contacted Botach and asked if they (or whoever makes the mount pictured above for them) would make one for an RMR--it seemed like a no-brainer for me.  Alas, they never responded.  If that is what the OP is talking about--a mount like the one pictured above but for an RMR, I'm in.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 12:07:15 AM EDT
[#10]
YES!!
Similar as the one above, however, maybe with only one claw. Trying to work it so it won't obscure the SN.  
I will get it worked out with anodized finish for under two hundred bucks.
We are working the bugs out now, so I'll have more shortly.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 1:36:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
YES!!
Similar as the one above, however, maybe with only one claw. Trying to work it so it won't obscure the SN.  
View Quote

On mine the serial number isn’t covered with the optic mount, but I’ll have to look at my sp5’s to see if it’s in that spot.  Have you checked out the shield mount?  It’s similar to what you’re asking for but the footprint is the shield and delta point pro.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 8:46:14 AM EDT
[#12]
I have a shield mount that I already machined to fit the RMR. It works, but is a little ad hoc That was my first stop on this project. After my buddy machined the SMS, he suggested we make one specifically for the Trijicon.
He bored a number of small signal cannon barrels I had cast and wanted a few, so one hand washes the other. If anybody wants a signal cannon, Im yer huckleberry.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 11:34:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Interested. Just out of curiosity, whereabouts in GA are you?
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 5:46:40 PM EDT
[#14]
NE Metro
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 9:44:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
YES!!
View Quote

You lave a link for that mount?

Link Posted: 2/28/2021 3:51:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

On mine the serial number isn’t covered with the optic mount, but I’ll have to look at my sp5’s to see if it’s in that spot.  Have you checked out the shield mount?  It’s similar to what you’re asking for but the footprint is the shield and delta point pro.
https://i.imgur.com/Vdqu72S.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
YES!!

https://i.imgur.com/Vdqu72S.jpg

This is exactly what I am looking for, except with the RMR footprint.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 12:55:59 AM EDT
[#17]
I'm interested. Maybe drill more holes to make it universal like these MRA mounts? https://outerimpact.com/product-category/red-dot-sight-adapter/

Quoted:

You lave a link for that mount?

View Quote

https://www.shieldpsd.com/shop-2/cqssis-mount-for-hk-mp5
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 11:07:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Tagging for interest as well. Prospective buyer depending on the price when all said & done
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 8:03:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Great.  I'll update on this post, hopefully next week. I do appreciate the interest, and input. We are working on it now.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 8:08:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Get a PTR instead.

Seriously though, how does it attach.  If it messes up the finish anywhere, I think folks will shy away from it.  Most SP5's are likely fairly safe queen-ish.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 1:34:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Get a PTR instead.

Seriously though, how does it attach.  If it messes up the finish anywhere, I think folks will shy away from it.  Most SP5's are likely fairly safe queen-ish.
View Quote

Sounds dumb but very true for me.  I only put optics on my mke guns because those top rails really do scratch up the finish quite a bit.  I do prefer the looks of no optics but a nice red dot does make a huge difference.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 2:50:50 AM EDT
[#22]
I gave up trying to mount an optic to MP5’s that don’t have a welded on top rail.Those claw mounts mess up the finish and although fine for range use if you are anything other than gentle with them they are easy to knock loose.My PTR has a Aimpoint with lower third mount and it’s perfect because I have a red dot and can still see underneath the red dot and look through my irons.
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 7:49:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Any updates? I know people can Pooh Pooh all they want but for those that this fits what their looking for it’s a great idea. Co witness on a hk in an AR world isn’t an easy thing at all
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 4:29:22 PM EDT
[#24]
We both had spring break for our kids on different weeks, and a few deadlines for other projects. Ya know, the kind that pay.
I have a working solution, but am needing an hour or so of time on the robot to iron it out. So I am hoping to post something soon.
I will say, it is a viable solution and a very nice sight picture
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top