Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/18/2018 9:10:50 AM EDT
Has anyone used the RMR .224 55grain bullets?
What was your thought on them for general purpose plinking rounds?

I moved my Lee resizing/de-priming die from a single stage to my LnL. Followed the directions on die set up, screw the die down until it hits the shell plate then 1/4 to 1/3 more down. The cases fall in and out of a chamber of a barrel with ease.

After doing the switch I tried to run a couple cases threw the WFT that was set to trim the cases to1.751 and now they are getting trimmed to 1.756. Why the change? Just a difference from die set up?

Also, when removing the crimp on the primer pockets, how long do you hold the case on the reamer? Just a quick press/twist or hold steady for a few seconds? Is it possible to remove too much?
I’m useing a Lyman case prep express with the supplied tools.

Thanks all
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 9:15:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 11:09:31 AM EDT
[#2]
I moved my Lee resizing/de-priming die from a single stage to my LnL. Followed the directions on die set up, screw the die down until it hits the shell plate then 1/4 to 1/3 more down. The cases fall in and out of a chamber of a barrel with ease.

After doing the switch I tried to run a couple cases threw the WFT that was set to trim the cases to1.751 and now they are getting trimmed to 1.756. Why the change? Just a difference from die set up?
View Quote
Yes, you are now sizing your cases .005 longer than you were before. Whether or not you had that much wiggle room is what you need to determine. I know you said the cases drop from the chamber, but did you close the bolt?

Many seem to only think of diameter when sizing, but with bottle neck cases where the shoulder ends up causes as many (if not more) issues as case diameter.

Your WFT indexes on the shoulder, which has moved .005. You need to make sure that isn't going to mess with anything going forward. You really should pick up a Hornady comparator or similar tool, but a quick and dirty way to ensure the shoulder is back far enough is to chamber a sized case and close the bolt. It should close with minimal effort and the case should eject without sticking.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top