Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/9/2020 5:53:49 PM EDT
Got one on sale for the kids at Christmas.  Paid $99 out the door.  I figured with the inexpensive price, there would be more out there.  However, I can't find much online.

I've installed sling loops, a spare AR flash hider cause the kids wanted it, and smoothe up the bolt and raceway with Flitz.

Shoots accurate enough for the kids to hit 8" steel at 100yrds so accurate enough for a youth fun gun.
 The stock is Pacific island hardwood junk, but no complaints.  May sand down the grip profile a bit.

Anyone do any upgrades?  I am curious to see if the higher capacity mags from other models might fit.
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 11:54:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Pics help you know.

Link Posted: 3/12/2020 5:54:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote
That's not the gun the OP is talking about. I remember the hopla about this gun when people on this site discovered it. It was a fantastic deal because it was relatively accurate to superbly accurate, came with iron sights and a threaded barrel, all for $99. some people on this site bought them up without realizing of the models they were buying where left overstock while RIA was changing the model.

Not the greatest picture or video but what I could do on a short notice.

Attachment Attached File

https://youtu.be/Z6rhKUzVsWA

I'm still pissed that I missed out on these because I really wanted one as there was a gun shop close to me clearing them out at $70 a pop out the door.

@RULE762
It shares a magazine with the armscor m20p semi+auto rifle. So there are 15 and 25 round magazines that will work.
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 1:45:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the heads up on the mags.  When all the neighborhood kids get together to shoot, higher cap mags save me alot of time and thumb wear.   At 25 yrds, its single hole to clover leaf.  May move a nikon 3-9 rimfire scope to it.

It’s actually more precise than my Ruger 77/22.
Link Posted: 3/14/2020 10:52:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I got one for my nephew. It's more like a teen size youth model, not kid size.

Nice handy rifle, shoots accurate enough. Threads were good enough to mount a silencer, and IIRC the sights high enough to be useful with my tbac 22td on it.

Put some red paint on the front bead.

It prefers round nose ammo, hollow points tend to catch.

Mag release is a quirky design not well suited to adult fingers, especially with gloves.

Are mags available? A few extras would be nice.

It's a good buy for $100.
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 10:00:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I have one and bought it for less than $100 and they threw in 500 rounds of .22
At that price I couldn't pass it up, especially with the threaded barrel and youth size stock.
Unfortunately the handle separated from the bolt a couple of months ago and I'm not sure how to fix it. Armscor sent me a return label but I'd rather fix it here or buy the replacement bolt/handle.

Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 8:48:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Pics of bolt?
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 9:56:13 AM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

This is the second thread about these rifles I've come across in the last couple days on various boards … So, of course I've been searching for one, based purely on curiosity and price. Which one are supposed to be more accurate the older models that were being liquidated or the new versions?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 10:35:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By RULE762:
Pics of bolt?
View Quote

Here it is stripped. Almost looks threaded but it’s not. I was able to locate a new boat tail assembly for a 14P on Numrich for $15. No idea when it will ship. Should fit the 14Y, we’ll see.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 1:29:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Plenty of meat on the bolt handle boss, to drill, tap, and run a screw in.   Could weld a rod in also.  JB Weld may work if prepped right.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 1:31:36 PM EDT
[#10]
I would send it in.  They are usually reasonable with return times.   They sent me a prepaid label for a magazine I had, where the baseplate wasn't lined up with the hole when hammered in.  It bulged the plastic baseplate.   Functioned fine, but I didn't like it.   Got the replacement magazine within the next week.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 11:48:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Plenty of meat on the bolt handle boss, to drill, tap, and run a screw in.   Could weld a rod in also.  JB Weld may work if prepped right.
View Quote

JB Weld seems to be holding up pretty good right now. I was able to order a replacement part from Numrich for $15, no idea when they'll ship it. When it arrives I'll put it aside until the original breaks again.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 11:20:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Was it just press fit?

Could you d&t for a grub screw or drill for roll pin?
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 12:39:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Was it just press fit?

Could you d&t for a grub screw or drill for roll pin?
View Quote

Yes it was press fit best I could tell. Picture looks like a piece may have broken off the end.

Probably could drill and tap it but I don't have the necessary tools.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top