Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/3/2020 4:35:39 PM EDT
Im in the market for a RDIAS and I just found out all my rifles aren’t compatable because they don’t have the deep pocket cut(Noveske) so which companies make lowers that will work if I buy a RDIAS?
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 5:04:58 PM EDT
[#1]
There was a thread on shelf height and cut for RDIAS and full M16 set up just a day or two ago. Might want to search.

I think Jaquefrost was the OP.
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 7:36:45 PM EDT
[#2]
You were soooooooo close...........just one row lower!
Go to page two for the list compiled by Tejas1836.
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 11:00:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Go to page two for the list compiled by Tejas1836.
View Quote
Direct link: https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/LL-or-DIAS-compatible-lowers-/23-247083/?page=2#i5065187
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 6:37:01 PM EDT
[#4]
why not have the lower of your choice machined.
Blueprints are readily available for CNC machines
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 7:12:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
why not have the lower of your choice machined.
View Quote
Why bother to machine one when there's a metric crap ton of receivers available that are plug & play right out of the box?
Why would you want to remove the anodizing and go through the added hassle & expense of refinishing said receiver?
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 12:08:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Why would you want to remove the anodizing and go through the added hassle & expense of refinishing said receiver?
View Quote
There's really no need to refinish the inside. You could just mask it off and spray paint it to match, if the lack of finish bothers you.

But yeah... I agree no reason to have to mill, unless you desire specific markings.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 4:17:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Spikes lowers are reasonably priced and all of them work with RDIAS
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 8:43:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Let me check in here........................a RDIAS is about $30k.  And we are talking about this RDIAS matching currently owned lowers instead of buying a lower to match the new RDIAS.  And we are talking about having a machine shop mill a lower, and then spray paint it.  Is that what we are talking about?
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 6:26:00 AM EDT
[#9]
For a RR or RLL owner, I think you should find yourself an MGI lower.  Some on Gunbroker and Wyndham Weaponry also sells it.

Pictured below are some of my magwell configurations.  These days, you only seem to be able find the AK47, standard AR and 9mm version.

Even with those options, I still find a full auto 7.62x39 in the M16 platform much more controllable and fun than the AK platform.
You can make yourself a low profile setup for SAW boxes for a Shrike and modify standard AR magwells to do various things.  

Some other guys have modified them to accept Thompson mags.  I'm hoping someone will do one for Scorpion mags.  I may have to get a 3D printer and see if I can do this myself just as a toy...if it works then have one made out of aluminum.

Link Posted: 4/7/2020 9:29:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Let me check in here........................a RDIAS is about $30k.  And we are talking about this RDIAS matching currently owned lowers instead of buying a lower to match the new RDIAS.  And we are talking about having a machine shop mill a lower, and then spray paint it.  Is that what we are talking about?
View Quote

LOL, nailed it
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 6:21:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Spikes lowers are reasonably priced and all of them work with RDIAS
View Quote

In my experience this is not an accurate statement.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 9:58:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Get DPMS lowers and forget it

Cheap and great fit
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 8:49:44 PM EDT
[#13]
SOLGW and BCM
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 10:34:06 AM EDT
[#14]
There are tons of jigs for lowers to create the opening required to fit the RDIAS.

Otherwise you can easily buy a new lower that has the opening.
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 3:47:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
For a RR or RLL owner, I think you should find yourself an MGI lower.  Some on Gunbroker and Wyndham Weaponry also sells it.

Pictured below are some of my magwell configurations.  These days, you only seem to be able find the AK47, standard AR and 9mm version.

Even with those options, I still find a full auto 7.62x39 in the M16 platform much more controllable and fun than the AK platform.
You can make yourself a low profile setup for SAW boxes for a Shrike and modify standard AR magwells to do various things.  

Some other guys have modified them to accept Thompson mags.  I'm hoping someone will do one for Scorpion mags.  I may have to get a 3D printer and see if I can do this myself just as a toy...if it works then have one made out of aluminum.
http://www.c3junkie.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/magwells-1024x768.jpg
View Quote

Wow.. amphibian.  I just noticed what you had.  I would love to get one of those.. If you ever want to sell...  ;)
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 7:11:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Wow.. amphibian.  I just noticed what you had.  I would love to get one of those.. If you ever want to sell...  ;)
View Quote
Never selling mine.  However, they pop up all the time.  There is one on Gunbroker now with the standard AR magwell.  I would then just get the AK magwell and maybe some more standard AR15 magwells from Windham: https://shop.windhamweaponry.com/product-category/mcs-multi-caliber-system/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top