Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Posted: 10/4/2018 7:46:22 PM EDT
Trying to time rdias. ..what kind or brand drill shanks  (.08,.10, .12) are they....are they specialty or regular drill bits?
Link Posted: 10/4/2018 8:29:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Drill shanks from a jobber set will have those dimensions.

You can also use literally any piece of metal with consistent thickness that will fit in between the carrier face and barrel extension - just check its dimensions with calipers so you know what you're dealing with.

Really cheap drill sets might vary in the shank or entire shaft from its stated dimension, but calipers come the rescue there, again.
Link Posted: 10/4/2018 8:32:36 PM EDT
[#2]
OST for aar
Link Posted: 10/5/2018 12:02:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Trying to time rdias. ..what kind or brand drill shanks  (.08,.10, .12) are they....are they specialty or regular drill bits?
View Quote

OP, how are you timing the RDIAS?
1st- When you put the RDIAS in your lower, no shims, does the BCG return to battery trip the sear, selector on auto, trigger held to rear?
The only timing that I have ever needed with a new lower is when the sear does not trip, only had this on one lower I have used, then I just shimmed the RDIAS towards the rear using feeler gauge cut to size between rear of upper takedown lug and RDIAS, gradually increasing thickness until the sear trips. I have never needed any drill bit or wire to gauge the BCG to extension face. Always runs like a sewing machine regardless of lower or upper.
Also, what fcg are you using?
Hope that helps, let me know.
Regards
Link Posted: 10/5/2018 6:05:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I never had to time my DIAS.
Link Posted: 10/5/2018 8:56:43 PM EDT
[#5]
You dont need anything except some shim Material what ever that might be... just dry fire test, then go hot. Adjust as necessary..its made out to be a bigger thing than it really is.
Link Posted: 10/5/2018 9:30:12 PM EDT
[#6]
The only problem I ever had with mine is adjusting the buffer weight to the barrel length to get reliable full auto.
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 12:47:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The only problem I ever had with mine is adjusting the buffer weight to the barrel length to get reliable full auto.
View Quote
Your sear may be releasing too early. shim the RDIAS forward, feeler gauges or plastic shim stock (Amazon) work great.
For a barrel 14.5" or less I'm running H3 with Tubb carbine spring. IMI ammo ~800-900 rpm, Wolf etc. ~600-750 rpm
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 3:09:28 AM EDT
[#8]
You'd also be suprised how bad you can mess up a host without damage to the RDIAS...when i first got mine i had all kinds of justifiable paranoia about breaking it, which doesnt even matter.. untill your blowing buffertubes off and loosing fingers a good rdias is resilient.

I just started using the amazon plastic shim stock...its great for hosts/uppers that arent your personal equipment.
I loved glueing a shim to each of my upper, but with constant swaps, applying tons of lube, rain and abuse.. they fall off and get lost.
You order it once from amazon and you have a lifetime supply, just throw some feeler gauges and vernier caliper in your case and your set
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 11:21:50 AM EDT
[#9]
I gave up on shims, they always fall out

I just bed the dias to the lug with JB weld. It hold up to oils/brake cleaner,
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 3:31:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Find an upper where your DIAS fits snug to the rear takedown lug. Build out upper from there. There is no substitute for a proper fit.
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 5:58:11 AM EDT
[#11]
I’ve never had to time both of mine.  What gives?  What’s it doing?  That’s annoying.
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 1:41:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I’ve never had to time both of mine.  What gives?  What’s it doing?  That’s annoying.
View Quote
mine is wider than most lugs, so it has room to move back/forth
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 2:04:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Buy BFS III for $400.00

Achieve same rate of fire

Profit $$$$

Link Posted: 10/7/2018 2:24:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Just funnin I would love to have an RDIAS one day lol

Link Posted: 2/12/2019 5:21:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Anyone here have a line on an RDIAS for sale?

ETA: sorry for the threadjack, the convo stalled.
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 11:44:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
Here is one
If this is legit, this would be a reasonable price
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 10:31:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Here is one
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Here is one
Not legit... that’s the one that was posted here a few weeks ago in SC.
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top