Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/7/2018 9:33:34 PM EDT
Today my bolt carrier twisted and caught on the guide rail. The jam was bad enough that it damaged both the guide rail and the bolt carrier.
Should I try and stone them smooth or send them back to keltec for replacement?

I don't know how to post a picture from my phone, but 1 corner of the bolt carrier is rolled over bad enough that it will catch skin and both sides of the guide rail have a noticeable divot.

The jam occurred half to three-quarters of an inch into the closing stroke, I could not move it with the charging handle, I needed to fully disassemble just to get the bolt free.
Link Posted: 4/7/2018 9:50:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd send it back.
Link Posted: 4/7/2018 10:06:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'd send it back.
View Quote
I hate to do that but I think you are right. I love the form of this rifle  but damn have I had problems loose rail (red locktite), broken firing pin ( they had a new one with an updated design at my door within days of the call), and now this.
Link Posted: 4/7/2018 11:59:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I too would send it back, i like mine but if i had that happen that is what i would do. Iv got other guns to play with.
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 5:13:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quality issues aside Kel-tec is actually really good about sending things back.

I had a CMR-30 that the barrel twisted loose on while installing a muzzle device.

I sent it out and they sent it back in a rather quick fashion repaired and ready. Part of me wants to complain about how easy they can break.  But if every time it does they fix it just like that I can't see it as a complete negative.
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 10:07:57 AM EDT
[#5]
If you gunsmithed yourself I think they'd have an issue with it, understandably.
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 12:50:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Send it back especially with the bad luck you’ve been having. Better to not have it a bit than put a homemade bandaid on it that might void the warranty in case something bigger breaks latter. At least that would be my thinking.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 9:30:04 AM EDT
[#7]
error
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 9:31:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I hate to do that but I think you are right. I love the form of this rifle  but damn have I had problems loose rail (red locktite), broken firing pin ( they had a new one with an updated design at my door within days of the call), and now this.
View Quote
Was this the RDB issue where the piston spring popped out?

Does the red Loctite keep the picatinny rail from coming loose?? ...cause the loose rail is an issue and blue Loctite does not hold it firm...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top