Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/13/2019 5:41:33 PM EDT
Seems like a good deal. Not super, but good enough.
Link Posted: 11/13/2019 6:07:35 PM EDT
[#1]
They're fun shooters.  Very interesting recoil impulse.  You can feel the spring rate change.
Link Posted: 11/14/2019 9:23:09 AM EDT
[#2]
You can easily find one for under $650 on Gunbroker as well. I got one for $680 with shipping and CC fees.

As much as I want a Tavor or AUG, it's hard to pass a $700 bullpup that is mainly going to sit in the safe.  It looks like it will be a great range toy that can be used for serious use in a pinch.
Link Posted: 11/14/2019 11:49:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You can easily find one for under $650 on Gunbroker as well. I got one for $680 with shipping and CC fees.

As much as I want a Tavor or AUG, it's hard to pass a $700 bullpup that is mainly going to sit in the safe.  It looks like it will be a great range toy that can be used for serious use in a pinch.
View Quote
$650. PSA isn't quite the deal I thought it was.
Link Posted: 11/14/2019 2:27:50 PM EDT
[#4]
For a retailer, I think the PSA price is great.  On Gunbroker, you have to play the game.  The FDE & Od green ones always go for more.  But I kept watching and seeing them consistently under $650 for a black one.  I finally entered a low bid and won it.

I believe my gun was $621 auction price.  Once I added sale tax (some sellers now collect it), CC fees and shipping, I was at $680.  Plus $20 for my FFL transfer.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 9:25:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Cool gun.
I got mine from cdnn for just under$780 back in February.

I have a 17" black one.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 12:10:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeah they're fun to shoot. Boy and I just put 60 rounds function testing it this afternoon with Wolf Gold. Amazingly soft shooting and the trigger is pretty nice. Got mine from PSA about 6 weeks ago(order date). Plus $25 transfer fee from FFL(so $775ish total).

I think I got one if not the last ODG rifles as they went OOS after it shipped out It's nice having the brass drop to your feet in a nice pile. Hadn't adjusted the gas setting yet just rolled with the factory setting and was flawless.

OP I know your a strong AUG supporter and they're top tier but for the price of the Kel Tec after they got the bugs out of the earlier versions you can't beat it. And I think you'll enjoy it too along with your AUG's

ETA..I hear they suppress really well too, one day I'll dive into the class3 stuff just that 10 months tho
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 7:47:25 PM EDT
[#7]
I miss my RDB...Ill get another someday.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 11:22:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I miss my RDB...Ill get another someday.
View Quote
Don't wait. Just do it. You know you will feel better after.
COME BACK TO US.
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 9:23:25 AM EDT
[#9]
I've stepped into the IWI Tavor world and there is no return...lol
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 9:55:44 PM EDT
[#10]
RDB offers quite a lot of features out of the box.

Lightest weight
Best trigger
Adjustable gas
Low HOB

If it wasn't for the whole Kel-Tec stigma, I would consider it my primary ride.

I added the mlok front end to mine, which shaved even more weight.

My only niggle is the rather sharp edges on the magazine release.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 10:54:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
Man, ain't that the truth.

My suppressed RDB would be my HD rifle if I could get over the trust issues...even though I have had absolutely 0 issues with it so far.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 7:00:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

My suppressed RDB would be my HD rifle if I could get over the trust issues...even though I have had absolutely 0 issues with it so far.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I keep suggesting B&T license the design
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 1:13:36 AM EDT
[#13]
A B&T version would be fantastic.

Mine has given me absolutely no trouble, but damned if the thought that the next round might be it's last isn't always in the back of my mind.

I guess one more issue might be that some malfunctions might necessitate separating the rifle to clear due to limited chamber access.
Link Posted: 12/2/2019 1:10:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
That my problem too.  I've never owned a Keltec, but I've heard for decades what garbage they are.  I handled, but didn't shoot, a rental.  I expected the plastic stock to creak and the whole thing to feel as if it would fall apart in my hands.  It didn't.  Instead it felt solid and had a trigger that wasn't heavy but felt as if it needed a polish.

Three things that bother me are:

1.  The screwed together stock in which the pillars into which the screws are turned are aluminum.  How could that possibly be durable?  And I have to take the halves apart for detailed cleaning?
2.  There is a lot going on in that trigger mechanism.  If I took it apart, would I ever get it back together?
3.  The hammer.  It looks like a piece of bent sheet metal with a piece of harder metal riveted on to hit the pin and lend some weight.

3.5 -- I know people love the bottom ejection, but a switchable side port ejection like a FAMAS would allow for clearing of problems.

I'd like whoever does the zytel work for Ruger with the P series pistols to have made the lower with AR style pins.  It would probably be a pound heavier, but unbreakable.  Since the lower isn't serialized, I suppose someone could.

An RDB with a 1x optic and a YHM Turbo K suppressor seems to have moved into my imagination and won't leave.
Link Posted: 12/2/2019 10:21:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
An RDB with a 1x optic and a YHM Turbo K suppressor seems to have moved into my imagination and won't leave.
View Quote
@zukiphile

That is exactly how mine is set up.

Awesome package.
Link Posted: 12/2/2019 10:24:50 PM EDT
[#16]
If I didn't already run an AUG, I'd probably have an RDB.  I wouldn't trade an AUG for one; but at about 1/3 the price, that's tough to beat.
Link Posted: 12/2/2019 10:47:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Awesome package.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Awesome package.
I was thinking of a Bushnell Lil P, but otherwise, exactly.

So there's a chance that if I buy one I won't get to know everyone in Keltec customer service on a first name basis?  I watch these videos of people having problems, some of which seem to be Keltec's early QC.  I also get the feeling that the RDB isn't designed to be soldier proof, because some of these people having function problems with it don't appear to grasp the basics of how the thing works.  At least one fellow who was mystified at his bolt handle (Keltec calls it a "handle weldment") seizing had inserted his piston guide rod off center.

Quoted:
If I didn't already run an AUG, I'd probably have an RDB.  I wouldn't trade an AUG for one; but at about 1/3 the price, that's tough to beat.
Damn both of you.  Stop enabling me.

For RDB money I can build very nice ARs with Geissele triggers that shoot decent groups, and I don't have to admit to anyone that I bought a Keltec.  I'm an AR guy; I'm not even supposed to be interested in this sort of thing.  On the plus side, thinking about this kept me from buying anymore AR parts this morning.
Link Posted: 12/7/2019 10:22:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Well I want an RDB too!!  But I want ODG and those are supposedly cerakote which I don't want.  I was hoping the polymer was colored all the way through like the black.  Now I have to decide if I can live with a black RDB...decisions decisions!!!  There are a couple of ODG that I can get for a little cheaper than the black but darn it, I'm just anti cerakote on a new gun.  There's no reason they couldn't have had colored polymer like the PS90 and FS2000.  Maybe it has something to do with the RDB price point being lower.
Link Posted: 12/9/2019 12:19:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Well I want an RDB too!!  But I want ODG and those are supposedly cerakote which I don't want.  I was hoping the polymer was colored all the way through like the black.  Now I have to decide if I can live with a black RDB...decisions decisions!!!  There are a couple of ODG that I can get for a little cheaper than the black but darn it, I'm just anti cerakote on a new gun.  There's no reason they couldn't have had colored polymer like the PS90 and FS2000.  Maybe it has something to do with the RDB price point being lower.
View Quote
Mmmmmm... luvs me some OD green goodness...

Link Posted: 12/9/2019 4:19:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Great picture.....so I guess Kel-Tec was right when they said the standard RDB was ODG cerakote?  Yours is cerakote?  it sure looks nice!!!!
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 12:14:48 AM EDT
[#21]
Love mine, own tan one and it suppresses wonderfully. I recently got a savage a17 and shot it without ear protection. It wasnt that loud. But the rdb  is quieter with a can. But i do get a significant impact shift with the can. Shifts up 12"-13" which is pretty significant though i always shoot it suppressed. I like it, sadly i dont think iv shot it in a year or two. Think i payed 940 for it years ago. They have really come down in price since then. At the price they are going for now there is no good reason not to own one. I have considered getting a second one.
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 2:07:22 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Great picture.....so I guess Kel-Tec was right when they said the standard RDB was ODG cerakote?  Yours is cerakote?  it sure looks nice!!!!
View Quote
Thank ya, Sir!! ;-)

It might very well be cerakote. This is my second one, the other is black. I wasn't even aware that it might be cerakote until I read your post (the first I've heard it mentioned). Idk...maybe I just haven't been paying enough attention to what I read on the line. Don't get me wrong, I would absolutely prefer it to be a solid color all the way through, but if it's not...so be it. I guess either way it doesn't really bother me enough. I still like the shit out of 'em!
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 8:48:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Mmmmmm... luvs me some OD green goodness...
View Quote
Did you try any muzzle devices other than the Noveske?  Does it make much of a difference?
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 12:03:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Did you try any muzzle devices other than the Noveske?  Does it make much of a difference?
View Quote
I've tried several different devices throughout the years. The one that I remember as being the most obnoxious (at the time) was the Miculek brake. I remember being on the firing line and pulling the trigger...it was so loud...there would be this incessant ringing noise from the overhead tin roof every time I cracked a round off. Of course, I wouldn't be able to help not notice everyone look my way every time, as well.

What really pushed me to try this one was my recent experience at a course where another shooter had some sort of brake that I wasn't familiar with and besides being significantly louder than everyone else on the firing line, everyone commented how they could feel the air and muzzle blast next to him. I couldn't say definitively one way or another as to the effectiveness of this device (it's a KAK flash can, regular size; not Noveske), but I do know that it's better than that Miculek (sound-wise) I had years ago, or the one this other guy had at not blasting everyone to my left and right.
Link Posted: 12/19/2019 8:23:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

@zukiphile

View Quote
Consider my imitation to be flattery.

Link Posted: 12/19/2019 8:38:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49239774238_6b704dfd9e_b.jpg
View Quote
Awesome!

What MD and optic are those?
Link Posted: 12/19/2019 9:18:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Got mine in a trade recently, only a few mags through it so far. It’s definitely a fun shooter, I need another trip to the range soon to sight in the Steiner

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/19/2019 9:21:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Awesome!

What MD and optic are those?
View Quote
An ebay Krinkov and a 1x prismatic from which I removed the pedestal base and mounted in a 30mm scope mount.

However I am most proud of the brass catcher made from a used vitamin bottle and zip ties.
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 10:05:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/6/2020 10:10:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Why. The fuck. won't they make. a god. damn. brass-catcher?

They could've incorporated a hinge/latch into the magwell funnel & everything.  It's the one accessory everyone's clamored for since the gun was announced (because, you know, brass catchers have always been standard on downward-ejecting MGs for over a century, now).  You know what I don't remember hearing a call for?  A mag bolt-on well funnel.  A better mag catch maybe, but not a funnel.  Yes, it helps a little, but I personally think it's mostly rifle-bling.  Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Make the brass catcher already, KT.
Link Posted: 1/7/2020 12:45:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Or a mag well funnel with a clip on/off brass catcher.  Sell them separately to cover both bases and a slight discount to a package buyer.
Link Posted: 1/7/2020 1:17:14 PM EDT
[#32]
I've never had difficulty getting a magazine into the well.

A polymer brass catcher that follows the contour of the butt and serves to supplement the stock should not be difficult to manufacture.  It might cause a problem with customers who run into a function issue when they don't empty it.
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 9:19:40 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

They could've incorporated a hinge/latch into the magwell funnel & everything.  It's the one accessory everyone's clamored for since the gun was announced (because, you know, brass catchers have always been standard on downward-ejecting MGs for over a century, now).  You know what I don't remember hearing a call for?  A mag bolt-on well funnel.  A better mag catch maybe, but not a funnel.  Yes, it helps a little, but I personally think it's mostly rifle-bling.  Not that there's anything wrong with that.

View Quote
Dude, just make one yourself.  Easy as it gets with this gun
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 9:33:01 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's not quite true; the best setup I've seen involved a strap wrapping around the top of the comb.  Made for a convenient cheek rest, but very kludgey.
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 9:52:18 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

That's not quite true; the best setup I've seen involved a strap wrapping around the top of the comb.  Made for a convenient cheek rest, but very kludgey.
View Quote
Are you only able to copy what you see?  There's a lip around the ejection port, would not be hard to make a clip based design.
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 10:12:29 AM EDT
[#36]
Both the strap over the top and a clip on (made from the wire and mesh bag of a Caldwell type AR brass catcher) have been done.

I think the irregular rectangle above the ejection port could receive a same shaped piece that would rest inside it and keep a catcher correctly positioned.  To a minor degree, that's what the plastic bottle pictured above does.
Link Posted: 1/9/2020 3:55:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Are you only able to copy what you see?  There's a lip around the ejection port, would not be hard to make a clip based design.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I designed gun accessories professionally, so yes, quite capable.  It's a little harder than you (or I) would have thought.  It seems like that lip on the outside would work as a mounting, but again, more difficult to find an elegant solution than you'd think.
Link Posted: 1/9/2020 4:04:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@zukiphile

Clear plastics are so hot right now...
Link Posted: 1/9/2020 5:47:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Clear plastics are so hot right now...
View Quote
Hey, it's 100% witness hole.

I cut the slot for the rotating sling studs a bit too close to the center so the bottle doesn't quite cover the last half inch of the ejection port.  Ironically, Wolf steel always went in, but Fiocchi brass often dropped out of that rearmost portion.
Link Posted: 1/9/2020 6:42:48 PM EDT
[#40]
I picked up one on Gunbroker in late October for $576 plus shipping and transfer.  Haven't shot it yet.  

I plan to put an ASR flash hider on it for mounting a suppressor (Specwar 556K as primary, bigger ones available as backup).

Rob
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top