Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/5/2018 5:40:36 PM EDT
Really like the idea of a Ruger American Rifle in a 300 blk SBR, especially since the rifle can be had for under 400.

Anyone done one before? Specifically the threaded barrel one that accepts magpul mags?
Link Posted: 5/5/2018 6:11:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Thats on my list to do as soon as I clear a couple of more stamps and they come out with a chassis system for the ar mag version.
Link Posted: 5/5/2018 6:15:54 PM EDT
[#2]
For once in the past 10 years I don't have stamps pending, feels weird
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 9:59:06 PM EDT
[#3]
This will be the next rifle I sbr, just as soon as I find the new version in stock. I already have a Rugged Razor set aside for it.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 10:51:16 AM EDT
[#4]
I've got a Remy 700 in .300BO that is an SBR and enjoy it very much. This was done a few years ago and the Ruger might be a better option now. Stocks/Chassis can become an issue depending on ultimate barrel length on the SBR so keep that in mind for your build.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 11:00:17 AM EDT
[#5]
My plan is to keep the factory stock and cut the barrel just past it. From what I read online that should give me around a 10" barrel.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 7:36:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm hoping mdt makes a chassis for the ar version, I've got one on my Remington 700 and it'd make a great sbr chassis I think.
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 3:16:43 PM EDT
[#7]
I was going to do this before Ruger made the AR mag version, but I couldn't get past those chintzy 35$ rotary mags. So I finally built a 8.5" 300BO upper with a side cocker and an adjustable gas block I can shut off for a little more than what the RAR sells for.  Already had a stamped SBR lower so it was cheaper than the RAR plus stamp.  Turn off the gas it's a straight pull bolt action.

The RAR are nice little bolt actions and now I'm looking at their 450BM, but I'll probably just build a 458Socom upper at 12.5" barrel length.
Link Posted: 5/11/2018 5:11:31 PM EDT
[#8]
there is a nice Mossberg mvp sbr in 300blk floating around here somewhere. it's pretty sweet! I agree with the RAR offering a ar mag version it has caught my eye too!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top