Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/26/2017 1:43:17 PM EDT
RA Predator owners in 6mm Creedmoor and 6.5 Creedmoor, let's hear about them.
Pro's/Con's
Group Size
Mods
Hunting pics/stories if you got'm
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 2:21:12 PM EDT
[#1]

The above is at 100 yards.

Below is 200.

It's a 6.5 with Silencerco Omega and the stock barrel cut to 16.75".

Link Posted: 11/26/2017 4:29:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Did you put it on paper before the barrel chop and thread?
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 4:43:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Did you put it on paper before the barrel chop and thread?
View Quote
Yes, but no photos.  Results were similar with the same ammo.  Cutting it didn't seem to affect accuracy, just velocity.  I get 2478 fps from the 140gr ELD-M.
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 5:11:29 PM EDT
[#4]
How’s it sound suppressed?

I have a RAR in 300blk and was hunting yesterday and seen 2 does at 300yards. Really wish I had something with more range.

I was hunting with subs and was sighted in at 50yards. Should be good out to 100.
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 5:58:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
How’s it sound suppressed?

I have a RAR in 300blk and was hunting yesterday and seen 2 does at 300yards. Really wish I had something with more range.

I was hunting with subs and was sighted in at 50yards. Should be good out to 100.
View Quote
It sounds like an unsuppressed supersonic .22LR.  Probably not 300BLK quiet as the Creedmoor is burning double the powder.  My Omega is mounted with an ASR brake, not direct thread.
Link Posted: 11/27/2017 9:08:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I filled my private land/cow elk tag yesterday morning with my suppressed R.A.P. in 6.5 Cm.  The landowner came out of his house as we were driving from his hay field & through his yard.  He said he didn't even hear me shoot.  Told him my rifle is suppressed and that seemed to please him as he then figured I didn't bother his neighbors either.  (Not that he cared, as he had already politely told them all to go to hell after they presented him with a petition to stop him from hunting or allowing others to hunt on his own land...)
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 4:10:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, I've gone and done it now, I just came home with a RAP in 6.5CM.  I was told I can't have it till Christmas .
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 8:57:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Any other opinion on the 6.5 CR RAP from those that own one? ex. Rotary vs. AI-Style magazine.  Which tends to be preferred?  Any concerns with the factory setup? ex. Stock.

There are several options for bolt action rifles in this price range, but this one caught my attention. Thank you.
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 9:34:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Any other opinion on the 6.5 CR RAP from those that own one? ex. Rotary vs. AI-Style magazine.  Which tends to be preferred?  Any concerns with the factory setup? ex. Stock.

There are several options for bolt action rifles in this price range, but this one caught my attention. Thank you.
View Quote
The rotary mag that came with my rifle works fine but the replacement I bought was a jam-o-matic.  Ruger replaced it, no questions asked.

AI mags should be more reliable, but I have no first hand experience with them.  They will also protrude from the stock while the rotary mag is flush.

The OEM stock is borderline junk.  It flexes, mine had to be dremeled out to allow for a free floating barrel, and the comb isn't high enough to use a scope.  The pros of it are that it's light, it's cheap, and it has a very nice recoil pad.  OTOH, my Tikka T3x CTR stock needed some dremeling to free float the barrel too.

I don't understand why Ruger didn't raise the comb height of the Ruger American stock when they redesigned it for AI mags.
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 9:00:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The rotary mag that came with my rifle works fine but the replacement I bought was a jam-o-matic.  Ruger replaced it, no questions asked.

AI mags should be more reliable, but I have no first hand experience with them.  They will also protrude from the stock while the rotary mag is flush.

The OEM stock is borderline junk.  It flexes, mine had to be dremeled out to allow for a free floating barrel, and the comb isn't high enough to use a scope.  The pros of it are that it's light, it's cheap, and it has a very nice recoil pad.  OTOH, my Tikka T3x CTR stock needed some dremeling to free float the barrel too.

I don't understand why Ruger didn't raise the comb height of the Ruger American stock when they redesigned it for AI mags.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The stock is one issue that I've heard about consistently. What I'm getting out of it is that if you buy this rifle..have it in your budget to replace the stock. I'm not a fan of having to upgrade a brand new gun, but if that's the only issue...It would still be significantly cheaper than a Tikka or Bergara.
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 9:24:47 AM EDT
[#11]
We should inquire to see if KRG is planning on making the Bravo chassis for the RA.
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 5:32:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The stock is one issue that I've heard about consistently. What I'm getting out of it is that if you buy this rifle..have it in your budget to replace the stock. I'm not a fan of having to upgrade a brand new gun, but if that's the only issue...It would still be significantly cheaper than a Tikka or Bergara.
View Quote
15 minutes with a dremel and a kydex cheek riser will make the stock serviceable.

It's not a perfect gun, and it is disappointing that consumers need to hack on a brand new rifle.  But, the Predator offers exceptional performance for the price - enough that I can overlook those faults.
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 6:00:54 PM EDT
[#13]
guys and gals, I'm seriously considering the RAP in 6.5C for my teenaged son for hunting (deer, hogs, javelina, hopefully pronghorn, etc.).

His current rifle is the RARR in .300 BLK, which is a good 150 yd gun.

west Texas javelina

I agree with many of you that the rotary mags are the weak link in the gun (disappointed that the new DBM stocks for the RARR will not retro fit the older guns ).

Those of you with the AI RAP, do you like them? or do you wish you got the rotary mags?

TIA

@SSgt82-02
Link Posted: 7/24/2018 11:42:47 PM EDT
[#14]
I have a left handed Predator with a 4-12 Vortex scope on it. I just got her sighted in the other day with Hornady 140 ELD Match ammo:

Link Posted: 7/25/2018 10:39:54 AM EDT
[#15]
I'll add that if you have a Predator with the rotary mags, the .450 Bushmaster magazines for the American will work far better, at least in 6.5CM.  I've put about 75 rounds through the .450 Bushmaster mags with no trouble.
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 9:04:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Tagged...just ordered one yesterday.  Need to find glass and ammo, hopefully have a range report in the coming weeks.
Link Posted: 10/5/2018 2:17:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
We should inquire to see if KRG is planning on making the Bravo chassis for the RA.
View Quote
anyone ever check on this?  I like the bravo better than magpul's stock.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top