Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/30/2018 12:38:38 AM EDT
I have a F1 silencer I made from a D cell maglite sized tube with internal threads on both ends. The threaded end has the baffles retained inside with a ring, so I have "thread adapter" end caps to attach it to different .30 caliber guns. I'm looking to replace the endcaps with some quick attach system. Is there a brand of endcaps that will fit D cell maglite internal threads and fit any of the more common quick attach muzzle brakes out there?

Should add: I need to support 1/2x28, 1/2x36, 5/8x24 threaded muzzles.
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 7:48:08 AM EDT
[#1]
I've never built from a Maglite tube, but you need to be certain of the thread pitch. Is it an actual Maglite flashlight or one of the solvent trap sellers using Maglite sizing? Some are 20tpi and I think some are 24. Not sure if all the majors are the same, either.

Holding baffles in isn't an actual legal requirement, it's internet myth. Your end caps are silencer parts and not interchangeable. This is why you think long and hard about how you want to mount and adapt the device to your arsenal. There's a myriad of mounting options nowadays. Thread adapters

aren't silencer parts. This is why you choose the largest thread pitch, on a rear cap, and have multiple adapters. Or you can do QD mounts with a common type FH or MB.

Since it appears you've damaged your rear cap , you should send it off to an SOT to be replaced with a modular type piece that meets your needs.

I know it's not what you wanted to hear, but I'd rather see you play by their rules than get jammed-up.
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 9:38:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Like a Griffin armament Taper mount? SD tactical, DM and I believe super precision concepts have a Taper mount adapter.
SD Taper mount adapter
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 1:06:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 6:11:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Or build 3 at the same time...that all happen to have the same threaded adapters. And have one threaded 1/2-28, one 5/8-24, and one set up for QD.
View Quote
Are you turning this into a "go be poor somewhere else" thread?
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 6:29:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Or build a flash can that happens to use the same thread pattern.

DM, SDTA, and SPC all sell the end caps you're looking for.
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 8:08:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top