Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/20/2022 11:51:36 AM EDT
I'm looking for a quick-access pistol safe that I can keep by my bedside (have a kid in my household).

I used to have this one:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TM45FRS?tag=arfcom00-20

and it worked well but it was a bit too small. I'd like it to easily contain a Glock 17 with a light. I'm kinda looking for something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08FJ3LR66?tag=arfcom00-20

But there are a few different ones on Amazon and so I'm wondering if anyone here has had any experiences with these types of safes and can recommend one?

Thanks

Link Posted: 2/20/2022 12:12:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I like the hornady products. used their rifle quick access one for an AR and pistol
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 2:46:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I presently have a Liberty Quick Vault. $140ish in my drawer.
Its slightly smaller but sturdier then Gun Vault. Its still going good after 2 years.
The push buttons are slightly less sensitive than Gun Vault.

I had two Gun Vaults but the keypads have failed on both of them within 2 years of daily use.
Gun Vault refused to replace them.
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 7:01:03 PM EDT
[#3]
One with a Simplex lock.
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 7:51:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
One with a Simplex lock.
View Quote

This.

I have FAS1.
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 7:56:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This.

I have FAS1.
View Quote

Same. It's awesome. Always works. No batteries needed.
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 2:05:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Another vote for FAS1     I have 2 and they have been rock solid for many years.  

Had one similar to what the OP linked and it was garbage.   Dead batteries put me in a bind one time and I lost all confidence in it.   I found out after the fact one good smack and it would pop open.   Not an issue with the FAS1
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top