Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/26/2022 12:35:11 AM EDT
So I have decided to break down and buy some Gallow Tech panels for my vault. Looking at the 50x82 panel package for starters. Questions:
1 Do they ever run sales? Anyone know of a discount code?
2 For a standard AR15 with a suppressor and a realatively thin forearm (no quad rails), do I want the standard barrel hanger or the wide one ? Same question for the buttstock end I guess, don't know which is best.
3 Handguns, I like the look of the in barrel holders over the double U shape holders, am I missing anything here?
4 Do I need the Hybrid HD handgun hanger for a 6.5" S&W 629 or would a barrel hanger or double U hanger suffice?
5 For scoped rifles (bolt guns and muzzleloaders mostly) do I want the standard vertical rifle or the deep vertical rifle? Same question for unscoped shotguns, etc.
6 Anyone happy running the above vertical gun supports on a thin wall panel with the buttstock just sitting on the floor? How does that work out for the bottom tier stuff?

I will probably call gallow tech with the same questions but thought I would see what the real world experience of the hive says. Thanks
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 8:47:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:So I have decided to break down and buy some Gallow Tech panels for my vault. Looking at the 50x82 panel package for starters. Questions:

1 Do they ever run sales? Anyone know of a discount code? Not that I've seen, and I hunted around when I bought mine 2 years ago.

2 For a standard AR15 with a suppressor and a realatively thin forearm (no quad rails), do I want the standard barrel hanger or the wide one ? Same question for the buttstock end I guess, don't know which is best. I went 1 each and had no issues. The only one I had that I THINK I went big on was a rifle with one of the old Knights quad-rail on it. Everything smaller than that should be gtg

3 Handguns, I like the look of the in barrel holders over the double U shape holders, am I missing anything here? Nope, all down to preference and available space

4 Do I need the Hybrid HD handgun hanger for a 6.5" S&W 629 or would a barrel hanger or double U hanger suffice? Sorry, I went a different route so can't speak to this

5 For scoped rifles (bolt guns and muzzleloaders mostly) do I want the standard vertical rifle or the deep vertical rifle? Same question for unscoped shotguns, etc. None of mine are the deep ones and I fit both a M1A w/5x25 tall turreted scope fine, as well as a plain ol 1022

6 Anyone happy running the above vertical gun supports on a thin wall panel with the buttstock just sitting on the floor? How does that work out for the bottom tier stuff? Would probably work fine but my OCD wouldn't allow it. Also don't have to worry about a hard buttplate "slipping out"

I will probably call gallow tech with the same questions but thought I would see what the real world experience of the hive says. Thanks
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 10:32:43 AM EDT
[#2]
GallowTech is expensive, but it is a nice product.  I decided to go with their system for my vault room and have been overall pretty pleased with the results.

Do they ever run sales? Anyone know of a discount code?  They usually will give you a discount code for 10% if you are ordering a bunch of stuff.  I have one for 10%.   IM me if you want to use it.

You should call them and talk through the recommended hangers for your specific needs.  Their customer service is very helpful.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 2:10:26 PM EDT
[#3]
RCD5 code got me 5% off, shit is expensive but it's great
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 2:34:32 PM EDT
[#4]
There are some discount codes they gave out to youtube "influencers".  Search for gallow tech videos, find one with a somewhat attractive female in it, watch it and grab the discount code.  I also heard from another member on here that gallowtech would offer discount codes for repeat buyers.

Regarding the handgun hangers, I like the ones that the gun just sits on vs the rod that goes into the barrel.  I arranged my gallowtech stuff for maximum density.  Cram as many things on the wall in the least amount of space.  All of their hangers that hold the pistol close up against the wall will fit behind the rifles.  That means for the same square feet of wall, handguns can take up zero extra space.  The type with the rod in the barrel, however, you have to slide the gun sideways off the rod to remove it.  That means you need to dedicate 2x as much room for one handgun.  For the type of hangers where you just lift the gun off, it doesnt require you to waste any extra room.

For the different barrel prop things,I get by with a mix of the normal and the deep ones.  Every gun is different.  I think realistically you could use the deep/wide ones 100% of the time and have plenty of room for optics.  Here are some photos showing the different hangers.

Link Posted: 5/27/2022 11:39:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There are some discount codes they gave out to youtube "influencers".  Search for gallow tech videos, find one with a somewhat attractive female in it, watch it and grab the discount code.  I also heard from another member on here that gallowtech would offer discount codes for repeat buyers.

Regarding the handgun hangers, I like the ones that the gun just sits on vs the rod that goes into the barrel.  I arranged my gallowtech stuff for maximum density.  Cram as many things on the wall in the least amount of space.  All of their hangers that hold the pistol close up against the wall will fit behind the rifles.  That means for the same square feet of wall, handguns can take up zero extra space.  The type with the rod in the barrel, however, you have to slide the gun sideways off the rod to remove it.  That means you need to dedicate 2x as much room for one handgun.  For the type of hangers where you just lift the gun off, it doesnt require you to waste any extra room.

For the different barrel prop things,I get by with a mix of the normal and the deep ones.  Every gun is different.  I think realistically you could use the deep/wide ones 100% of the time and have plenty of room for optics.  Here are some photos showing the different hangers.
View Quote

Great info, thanks for the pictures. I ended up ordering the 50x82 panel only package, some standard horizontal stock holders (don't see why these wouldn't work for barrels also), a few different barrel holders and a few pistol holders today. I know I will have to place another order once I figure out what I like for my stuff but I figured seeing for myself was probably the best route. Plus I need to get the panels up ASAP in order to complete other work.
I thought about the same thing with in-barrel pistol holders taking room to remove the gun so instead of buying a bunch of those I only bought 2 and one standard pistol hanger to try them both out. Also bought one deep/wide vertical barrel holder to play with some ideas.
I'm pretty sure I will end up buying a few more panels for the side walls when I order additional hangers so I'll go scour youtube for more codes, didn't think of that.
I was adamant I wasn't going to spend the money on gallow tech but after I thought about it GT was the only product that was really going to do what I wanted it to do. This stuff is heavy so the shipping is crazy high too, oh well.

Thanks for the feedback guys and thanks m3fanatic for the code, very much appreciated!
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 6:14:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Be sure to check what they send you very carefully.  Last 2 orders I received were incomplete.  Customer service was excellent, and they had the missing piece out to me quickly, but you know what I mean.

Link Posted: 6/29/2022 11:20:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Be sure to check what they send you very carefully.  Last 2 orders I received were incomplete.  Customer service was excellent, and they had the missing piece out to me quickly, but you know what I mean.

View Quote

Definitely check contents upon delivery.

I have had several orders get screwed up with missing and/or wrong items.   Customer service is definitely very good and the product works, so I just live with it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top