Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/3/2018 3:19:43 PM EDT
So complete MP5 novice here. I have the chance to get a clone and was wondering between my limit knowledge and anyone else who could help how big are the following issues. Granted this is the only one to choose from and there are no more Zenith's in the country to pick from ( Big thanks MKE)

1. Cocking tube is can't to the right just a hair. It does not bind and the front sight tree is perfectly centered. Other than cosmetics what effects will this have in the long run?
2. The tri-lug is not true and at the 12 o'clock. It is at about the 11-11:30. Will this affect anything when I mount my can up to it?

Any help or advice would be great!
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 3:30:45 PM EDT
[#1]
1. Not really sure, but I doubt it’s anything to worry about.
2. Nothing to worry about at all.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 4:24:18 PM EDT
[#2]
A canted cocking tube shouldn't affect function, but if it is rolled to the right (viewed from behind) then the handle might hit or interfere with some rail mounts when locked open.

The tri lug clocking is more or less cosmetic, unless the lugs are improperly sized. If you have any fears about the tri lugs ask the seller if they (or you) have a mount that you can try and check for fit / concentricity. A more common issue is painted lugs that make them oversize and difficult to fit mounts onto.

Edit: me spel baad.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 4:24:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
1. Not really sure, but I doubt it’s anything to worry about.
2. Nothing to worry about at all.
View Quote
This.  My Z5P 3 lug is off as well, however the only affect it will have is with those that have OCD.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 4:29:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A canted cocking tube shouldn't affect function, but if it is rolled to the right (viewed from behind) then the handle might hit or interfere with some rail mounts when locked open.

The tri lug clocking is more or less cosmetic, unless the lugs are improperly sized. If you have any fears about the tri lugs ask the seller if they (or you) have a mount that you can try and check for fit / concentricity. A more common issue is painted lugs that make them oversize and difficult to fit mounts onto.

Edit: me spel baad.
View Quote
Good to know. The tube is off to the right but not rolled to the right if that makes sense. The handle is a little high in the angled up area when locked back but I have seen then on numerous MP5's including real HK one's I have played with. Then again I won't run an optic on it so I guess it shouldn't affect me too much other than looks.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 4:40:25 PM EDT
[#5]
I may have misread your issue with the tube... is the tube angled to the right or is it rolled to the right? When looking at the gun from the top is the tube at a visible angle to one side or the other, or is the tube itself spun on axis one way or the other (resulting in the cocking handle channel being off position)?

Because if the cocking handle tube is actually at an angle that may affect things. Look at the cocking support inside the gun (what of it you can see through the handle channel and through the receiver) and see if it looks like it has been ground down (such as the rear of the support not being a perfect circle, having a "flat side", etc.)
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 8:20:38 PM EDT
[#6]
There is a very nice looking ATI imported MKE AT94K that has been redone by Joe at Dakota Tactical for sale in the equipment exchange.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 4:08:25 PM EDT
[#7]
My POF reverse stretch has both issues you described, however I wouldn't really consider them issues as they only affect cosmetics imo. With POFs reverse stretch high clocked cocking tubes seem to be the norm, if it was a higher priced brand though I would expect the cocking tube to be clocked lower more like an HK.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top