Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2022 3:42:47 PM EDT
Eyeing up a springfield, and would want to use my yhm resonator with it. Thinking about building an ebr.

How does one put on a standard 1/2x28 supressor mount on it? The flash suppressor and front sight just comes off in one piece and then there's threads under it? Is there a good adaptor with a front sight?

Pic of rifle I'm looking at below.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/5/2022 4:34:49 PM EDT
[#1]
One doesn’t. One buys a mount specifically designed for the M1A.

Here’s an article on one flavor. https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014/07/29/socom-16-thread-adapter-gas-lock/

Attachment Attached File

I run one similar on my EBR. It functions okay but it’s still not something you want to spend a day with.

Usually 10 to 20 rounds and I’m on to one of my .308 AR platforms. The ‘cool factor’ is a thing. One of my last rifles I would let go.

I also avoid shooting it unsuppressed now.

*note- enjoy getting your factory block off. ps. if I were to do it again I’d take it to an M1A knowledgeable Smith. My big hammer had me puckered the entire time.

Pic of last time I shot mine unsuppressed.
Attachment Attached File

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top