Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/17/2023 4:21:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ggllggll]
Or bees nest or whatever they're calling it now.

I have seen them in rifled, and non rifled, with a sprinkling of .22 shells and with a dozen.

In reality though, what are the odds of one of these rounds turning sideways or coming at some weird angle BEFORE the bullets exit the tube?

I'd hate to goof up a perfectly good 40mm tube by shooting a blast of 22 shells through it, although it does seem pretty neat.

Same goes with the other sub cal adapters like 12 and 20 gauge, I doubt they could have the chance to spread to 40mm before exiting the barrel but..maybe they can?

Link Posted: 3/18/2023 2:46:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mechanical] [#1]
I had a couple 12ga adapters a while back.  They were somewhat short (similar in size to an M781 chalk round) and were bronze colored.
These particular ones weren't good, I was getting light primer strikes (shell too far from breechface?).
I successfully shot a couple WWB birdshot shells through one of them and I found a mark in the barrel that looked like one of the shot pellets hit the inside of the barrel a couple inches from the muzzle.  I don't think it damaged the barrel, but I stopped using the 12ga adapters.

No experience with the hornets nest.

YMMV
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 10:02:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mechanical:
These particular ones weren't good, I was getting light primer strikes (shell too far from breechface?).
View Quote

I've had good luck fixing this issue on 26.5 and 37mm adapters by putting an o-ring under the rim.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top