Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Site Notices
11/2/2022 4:30:06 PM
Posted: 7/6/2022 8:21:09 AM EST
[Last Edit: Cam3roni]
Is it normal for a blem ( I have a very small one ) to turn translucent or lose its darkness if you are, for example, looking at a white wall with IR flood on inside (enough to see honeycombing) ? Just curious. Thanks dudes.

added a video for clarity. Look at 12 o’clock position and as I turn iluminator up, the faint darker spot begins to glow and becomes brighter/ translucent then returns to normal as I lower ilum brightness. https://imgur.com/a/kS1wOty
missing
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 3:06:50 PM EST
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 10:31:51 PM EST
[#2]
I understand about IR and white walls but I am wondering what the spot is I’m referring to in the short video. Ty.
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 7:00:58 PM EST
[#3]
its an emission blem. just a different kind of blem where basically light is getting through where it shouldn't.
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 9:41:59 PM EST
[#4]
Yes what it is doing is normal, it's a cosmetic blem and likely won't get any worse
Link Posted: 11/6/2022 12:25:13 PM EST
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Lowdown3:
Would definitely NOT "look at a white wall with the IR flood on"- you can burn your tube. The wall is reflecting the IR back on to your tube.

You can search for blems and cosmetic issues without having the IR on and then you won't risk damaging your tube.
View Quote

Definitely ^^^this^^^. Don't do white wall inspection with IR or any light. Blem tubes that don't pass white wall inspections are some of the best buys out there. Blems disappear in the real world and can be looked past easily. Ask me how I know
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top