Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2018 3:29:24 PM EDT
Do any of the beginner rifles (chipmunk, cricket, etc) have a threaded barrel?  Want the munchkin to enjoy my cans.  Thanks
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 3:58:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I dont believe they do. But honestly, I taught my G/Fs kids to shoot, each have their own Cricket and I have them shoot Colibri ammo. (powderless ammo)..So, no ear protection needed, no recoil and it helps build up their shooting skills and the Colibri still packs a decent punch within 25yrds, will buzz right thru soda cans, etc.

I wouldnt bother getting one threaded and go the route above and then move them up to 10/22s w/threaded barrels or what not..

Another option is to get a 10/22 and get a spare stock and cut it down to their size. If you do a good job, youd be able to sell the stock to someone else to do the same with.

Also depending on age and size of kids, some tend to out grow the chipmunks (cricket is bigger).
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 4:44:48 PM EDT
[#2]
The cricket precision rifle does
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 4:49:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The cricket precision rifle does
View Quote
I just looked it up..Thats a sweet rifle..

Link Posted: 2/2/2018 5:52:32 PM EDT
[#4]
How young are we talking?

I got the RIA M14Y for an 8yr old. It's a touch big, but is a scaled adult rifle. There's a short thread on it in this subforum. I'm quite pleased.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 6:38:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Do any of the beginner rifles (chipmunk, cricket, etc) have a threaded barrel?  Want the munchkin to enjoy my cans.  Thanks
View Quote
This is what you seek, the Ruger American Rimfire Compact Threaded.

Uses 10/22 mags (single-load them if you want), has a modular stock that can grow with the child, and you can get aperture sights for it from Techsights if you want.

I have one and love it.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 9:36:15 AM EDT
[#6]
FYI.  22 shorts are very loud in the Crickett's .22lr chamber when suppressed.

CHRIS
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 11:13:30 AM EDT
[#7]
My local gun shop does machine work and threads about any barrel for $45-65. I feel blessed they are right down the road.

Rob there sells a small .22 rifle that feels really good and is already threaded. It's the Armscor M14Y. The threaded one is not listed on the Armscor site but I have held one in my hands.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 11:29:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My local gun shop does machine work and threads about any barrel for $45-65. I feel blessed they are right down the road.

Rob there sells a small .22 rifle that feels really good and is already threaded. It's the Armscor M14Y. The threaded one is not listed on the Armscor site but I have held one in my hands.
View Quote
lucky you, they want $175 here just to pin a muzzle brake, if they get around to it.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 11:39:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Check out the CZ 455 scout. It comes threaded from the factory and is a much higher quality firearm than the chipmunk, cricket & Henry mini bolt.

That’s what I bought my daughter. I also had a local gunsmith chop a wood stock for a 10/22 and it turned out great. He only charged $45.00.

Here is the 10/22 with chopped stock.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/11/2018 3:22:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Attachment Attached File

Crickett Precision Rifle With GM-22.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top