Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/27/2018 2:04:28 PM EDT
Guy has one for $800 with 2 tapco and 2 galil mags. Wants $800 and it looks new. Has a GLN prefix on receiver. Trying to decide whether I should green light it. Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 2:22:27 PM EDT
[#1]
i would pass
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 2:55:25 PM EDT
[#2]
A car that was bought new 10 or so years ago but sits in the garage because it doesn’t run very well looks new too. I spent a crapload on a CNC Warrior receiver ARM build and have zero regrets. Golanis don’t have the best rep.
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 3:32:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 6:31:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Golani recievers were not heat treated right and unlike an ar15 the lock up of the bolt is on the reciever.

BTW this does not appy to recievers made and assembled by ohio rapid fire which also made the golani recievers but heat treating qc fell apart under century arms.
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 7:07:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I had a Golani....and it actually did run...but I liked the Galil style enough that I sold the Golani and I have Jeff Miller building me a custom job on a CNC Warrior receiver.

For what it's worth, you could give the Golani a try and if you aren't hip to that and want a real deal Galil, you can always sell the Golani and do what the rest of us seem to end up doing: Either buying an IMI....OR....having Jeff at Hillbilly build us one.
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 9:36:32 AM EDT
[#6]
If you do want one, look for a Golani with the GLN serial number prefix, check headspace and test fire beforehand if possible. The receivers are supposed to have been made and machined by Caspian, I built up an ARM kit on a bare GLN receiver and it's been 100% so far (800 rounds)

GAL prefix are the ones with the supposedly soft receivers.
Link Posted: 7/31/2018 12:32:02 AM EDT
[#7]
if you are bored and want a project, personally I would spend twice as much and get a new one by IMI and save the headaches...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top