Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/3/2021 2:00:40 PM EDT
Question is up top.

I recently updated my gun trust. So, now to task of
trying to protect ALL my AR's from the left.

Can I add all AR's, even one's that do not require ATF
stamp (presently) and the AR be protected from the left???

Under present conditions of course.

TIA
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 2:04:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I guess what are you trying to protect? I would think not having any sort of paper trail would be better “protection”.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 2:12:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I want ALL my AR's protected from the left.

Seems to me that I may have to stamp every one
to go this route.  I'm not sure. The fucks can change the
law to suit their desires, all out ban.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 2:48:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 2:51:58 PM EDT
[#4]
What do you mean, exactly, by "protected from the left"?

You can add any assets to a trust, but that wouldn't save them from some future regulation or ban or anything like that.

There's no way to guess what you could do, if anything, within some future law until we can actually see/read said law.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 3:00:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 3:57:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Putting NFA items in a trust would likely not protect them from a change in legislation that then makes them illegal to own.  Same would be true for non-NFA items, like screw drivers and baseball bats.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 4:11:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Its a great way to possibly have non-NFA items added to the NFA registry if you put them on your assets schedule.  ATF man in charge of trust review told me and a bunch of other lawyers that at a continuing legal education class in NoVa a few years ago.  I specifically state that only NFA items are to be in the NFA trust in the body of the trust in in writing to the client.  ATF man also said he thought trusts were great, but if your wife takes charge of your stuff when you die and she casually sells trust cans and sbrs at a yardsale along with your golf shoes, she is going to prison.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 4:15:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You can put all your screwdrivers and baseball bats in the trust as well...for whatever that’s worth.
View Quote

I would stick with all the 10mm sockets...to protect them...from getting left...
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 4:21:21 PM EDT
[#9]
I would like to know what protection OP is talking about as I’m not sure how a trust would protect from legislation.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 4:46:37 PM EDT
[#10]
I guess a trust can POSSIBLY protect non NFA items depending on how it’s written. Mine is a multi-generational gun trust. So if “transfers” becomes illegal but the items are still kosher, my great great great great great grandchildren and so on can have them...but by then, railguns and lasers would be the thing to have
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 5:00:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
What do you mean, exactly, by "protected from the left"?

You can add any assets to a trust, but that wouldn't save them from some future regulation or ban or anything like that.

There's no way to guess what you could do, if anything, within some future law until we can actually see/read said law.
View Quote

I guess I was thinking (hoping) if the leeb-tards all out ban,
if I have them in my trust, they would be excluded.

But, they can get around that.

So, by not knowing, rationalizing what leeb-tard fucks might
do, seems like only way to stamp ALL of them
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 5:07:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I guess a trust can POSSIBLY protect non NFA items depending on how it’s written. Mine is a multi-generational gun trust. So if “transfers” becomes illegal but the items are still kosher, my great great great great great grandchildren and so on can have them...but by then, railguns and lasers would be the thing to have
View Quote

This ^^. It opens up possibilities of "non-transferable" items to multiple peoples' and generations simply by altering the trustees and beneficiaries. Even though a lot of states prohibit "perpetual" trusts, you can make one damned close to it by the next generation adding trustees, etc.

Not all trusts use an asset schedule that has to be sent anywhere, so the "letting them know what you have" thing might or might not exist depending on the trust structure.

Most of my title I ARs that were bought on a Form 4473 are in a trust of mine for the "non-transferrable" issue, should it ever arise. "They" already know I bought them. And my trust doesn't use an asset schedule, so my personal inventory list, which has been sent absolutely nowhere, might have a tragic boating bonfire accident if I ever felt like it was the wise thing to do.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 5:36:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
Trusts are legal instruments that deal with ownership of assets, mainly for inheritance purposes.

Any law written to ban certain firearms will probably prohibit the possession of said firearms.

I could see no way that having a trust own your firearms would offer protection from laws banning their possession.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 6:09:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Trusts are legal instruments that deal with ownership of assets, mainly for inheritance purposes.

Any law written to ban certain firearms will probably prohibit the possession of said firearms.

I could see no way that having a trust own your firearms would offer protection from laws banning their possession.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not sure about that. People bristle at confiscation kinds of bans. I believe what has been done before though, is to allow current possessors, but ban future transfers. That might be an easier nut to crack for them. A trust, if configured properly, could help a lot in that situation.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 6:17:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

^---This.  The Trust doesn't provide protection, only a quick path to avoid probate by transferring ownership.  If they outright ban AR-15's  (which they won't, but might try to), the Trust won't protect them.  Your best bet is to SBR them all and put them in the NFA registry; so, at best, they get grandfathered in like machine guns did back in the day.  The worst I see happening is that no new ones can be purchased and only registered firearms can be legally transferred. Some may disagree, but I saw it happen in 1986.  History is known to repeat itself.  Let's hope semi-auto black guns don't meet the same fate as machine guns.

Just my .02 cents.  Can I get some change back?
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 6:20:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Well if the AR 15 goes the way of machine guns like a 1986, I am going to be filthy rich LOL
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 6:37:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I'm not sure about that. People bristle at confiscation kinds of bans. I believe what has been done before though, is to allow current possessors, but ban future transfers. That might be an easier nut to crack for them. A trust, if configured properly, could help a lot in that situation.
View Quote
What you talk of what known as "grandfathering", and while it was done in previous laws to make them more palatable, there's no obligation for such clauses and nothing legally stopping them from going for a full hard ban in the future.  Hence my original statement on not knowing what to expect until we can actually read the verbiage of the law they propose.  If they just ban ownership transfers, then legal instruments like trusts and corporations might be end-arounds, but it all matters how they write it, and I'd expect for them to foresee that sort of thing.

Link Posted: 3/4/2021 1:12:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
What you talk of what known as "grandfathering", and while it was done in previous laws to make them more palatable, there's no obligation for such clauses and nothing legally stopping them from going for a full hard ban in the future.  Hence my original statement on not knowing what to expect until we can actually read the verbiage of the law they propose.  If they just ban ownership transfers, then legal instruments like trusts and corporations might be end-arounds, but it all matters how they write it, and I'd expect for them to foresee that sort of thing.

View Quote

Exactly right. That's my fear after having dumped many, many thousands of dollars
the past five years in AR's/parts.

Fucking leeb-tard freaks<----and no, I'm not gonna apologize for calling the nasty fucks names
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top