Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2018 8:57:46 AM EDT
How is the fit of magazines in this gun? I’ve been doing a bunch of research and in a few places some reviews say the mag wobble is pretty severe. Anyone experiencing this???
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 9:01:23 AM EDT
[#1]
No wobble here, I have been using only Glock Factory mags.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 9:01:55 AM EDT
[#2]
So tight that some gen mags won’t fit.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 10:12:13 AM EDT
[#3]
No issues with mine with Glock factory or Magpul mags.  I never tried the Ruger mag.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 3:07:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I was concerned about this too, but I'm now convinced it's more of a cosmetic issue, similar to mag wobble with AKs. In order to test this I loaded mine up with cheap Wolf 115gr ball, then held the magazine with pressure on all different sides while rapid firing. Despite trying to force it to malfunction, it chewed through all the rounds no problem. Mine's been very reliable in general though, with the exception of one old and worn G26 mag, which failed to hold the bolt to the rear, once. The feed-ramps on it are massive, both top and bottom, the chamber area looks comparable to a modern handgun, which I'm sure helps some. I haven't noticed any copper build up on them though, which would indicate rough feeding. The action is also very smooth, almost as smooth as a worn in SAM7, certainly smoother than any ARs I've owned (though this is probably the rotating bolt, more than anything).

I only really have two minor complaints with the rifle. I wish it could be field stripped without tools. I'm also not too fond of the ghost ring rear sight, I'm just slower with it compared to a peep or patridge style sight (Aimpoint fixed that though).

So in short, some wobble, but it seems to be a non-issue.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 3:34:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No issues with mine with Glock factory or Magpul mags.  I never tried the Ruger mag.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 7:00:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Glock mags have a little wobble. ETS mags are tighter and wobble less but take more force to insert.

All seem to function fine.
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 10:12:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
Same - Glock and Magpul nice and no wobble.
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 10:29:02 PM EDT
[#8]
No issues when OEM or Magpul mags, they have very little wobble and drop free. The only mags I have that don’t drop free are my three 33 rounders.
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 5:23:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Mine has a little wobble with factory Glock and Magpul mags.  Doesn't bother me at all and has been 100% reliable.  ETS mags are almost a no-go they're so tight.
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 11:38:49 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm using Ruger 17 round SR9 mags as well as a Magpul 32 rd.

Little wobble and functional, however the mags from the original Ruger PC carbine were from another pistol (type 95 something), and do NOT work in the new carbine. Confusing, but there it is.

edit 9/17...the 32 round mag is a Promag, not Magpul.   Shooting this weekend,  the Promag seemed to cause  a FTE every other fill-up.  The Ruger sr9 mags functioned flawlessly.

I'm gonna take the Promag apart and clean, deburr and dri-lube it and report back.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 1:11:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm using Ruger 17 round SR9 mags as well as a Magpul 32 rd.

Little wobble and functional, however the mags from the original Ruger PC carbine were from another pistol (type 95 something), and do NOT work in the new carbine. Confusing, but there it is.
View Quote
Yes, the original PC Carbine used the Ruger P89 mags.  I ended up selling the P89 decocker years ago since I was not shooting it and then sold my original PC Carbine to fund the new PC carbine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top