Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 5/4/2018 7:51:33 PM EDT
I want to attend this show this year

Anything I need to know, any exhibitors I need to be sure to check out.?
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 8:42:32 PM EDT
[#1]
It just depends on what you're interested in.  Some of the booths are quite entertaining (Busse, RMJ).  I personally like hit some of the smaller, custom knives booths.  Always ask for some swag

The venue is big, and you'll easily spend an entire day if you want to take it all in.  I'll be on leave from Afghanistan and the only day I'll be able to go is the last day, Sunday, which sucks, but my son is really wanting to go see Ernest Emerson again.

Not sure how much you're into knives, but it's nice to talk to some of the makers I know...good people all around.

ROCK6
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 10:44:26 PM EDT
[#2]
If you're really into knives, check on either the Bladeforums site or the ESEE forums for Blade Show Dinner; see if you can join if that's your thing.  Usually it's a dinner some place where everyone in the Blade bidness gets together and has a good time.
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 11:45:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Is it like a gun show where you can buy knives and other gear from the different companies?
Link Posted: 5/5/2018 11:11:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is it like a gun show where you can buy knives and other gear from the different companies?
View Quote
Yep.  Bring money.

Especially if you like Randall or Busse knives.  Heck, any custom knife for that matter.
Link Posted: 5/5/2018 10:54:53 PM EDT
[#5]
You can come see me at Booth #950
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 9:17:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You can come see me at Booth #950
View Quote
Actually, I'm surprised we don't have more Arfcom members who have tables at the Blade Show.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 2:34:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Busse won't be there this year.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 2:57:49 PM EDT
[#8]
I was there last year on sat and sun. They have ATM's right out side the entrance but they ran out of cash. So bring some with you. Also check around with the hotels or check on Blades website for a list of them because you can get a discounted rate. AND be sure to visit Die Biergraden downtown ATL .  AWESOME german beer and food!
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 3:51:12 PM EDT
[#9]
I live about an hour north. I'll have to stop by with my 9 year old. He'll like it.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 11:13:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I live about an hour north. I'll have to stop by with my 9 year old. He'll like it.
View Quote
Be prepared for a long ass line to get in.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 7:15:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
will buying tickets ahead of time help?
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 10:08:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

will buying tickets ahead of time help?
View Quote
They are cheaper if you buy them ahead, but they won't help with the line.  This year is my first time to go, but my folks went last year and they said the line was long just to get in.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 11:53:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Also, a little something we are working on for the show...

Link Posted: 5/8/2018 12:22:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yes you can but from what I have seen the deals are not their. I have bought a few knives from the show. Picked up a custom Swiss Bianco knife a few years ago. I went down their planning on buying one. He had all of his prices elevated $10-20. I called him out on the higher price and he honored his lower online price (which was still high). He was kinda a dick about it so will not be doing business with him again.

Their was some guys from FL that had a table selling Microtechs at reasonable prices. I bought one from them for my boss. I think I gave a little over $200 for it. Online prices are $265+ last time I checked. They told me that 4-5 of them get together and make a large purchase with microtech and resell them for a small profit. They were knife guys so I assume they keep a few each and then sell the rest to pay for what they kept. Wish I would have gotten their info.

I was also told that Microtech sells X number of knives at a reduced rate when they are gone they are gone. Every year that I attended the line was about 75 yards long. Not worth the wait it to me.

Got to meet Sal & Eric Glesser 2 separate years. Really nice guys there prices were full MSRP.

Leatherman does not attend neither does Victorinox.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top