Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2023 1:54:22 PM EDT
Do eForm photos need to be resized to a specific set of dimensions, pixels, etc. or does it matter as long as they are kept under the 3 mb file size?

I'm aware of the passport photo size recommendations of 2" x 2" but I haven't seen it confirmed anywhere if this also applies to eForm photos or only paper forms.

Logic would seem to suggest that the eForms system would automatically resize the pic, as long as one stays under the 3mb limit, but better to confirm that, rather than I assume it.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 1:59:05 PM EDT
[#1]
For the passport photo, the system will re-size the image to fit on the form, but I would recommend making sure it's dimensions are equal, otherwise it can sometimes squish the image to conform to the expected square shape of a 2"x2" image.

Als make sure you have your face centered and don't have too much shoulder included, etc.  Basically make sure it meets the rules for a passport photo.
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 2:15:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Great. So it sounds like something like 1200 x 1200 or 1000 by 1000 pixels should be fine, as long as long as it's kept under the 3 mb limit.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 2:32:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Great. So it sounds like something like 1200 x 1200 or 1000 by 1000 pixels should be fine, as long as long as it's kept under the 3 mb limit.

Thanks.
View Quote

Photo Aid app, will do it all for you, as well as edit the background automatically, then a human fixes anything else. It was like $17 for the digital copies and 2 physical ones mailed to me. I just had some more printed at Walgreens for some paper form 4s. 20 printed passport photos was around $4
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 2:42:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Photo Aid app, will do it all for you, as well as edit the background automatically, then a human fixes anything else. It was like $17 for the digital copies and 2 physical ones mailed to me. I just had some more printed at Walgreens for some paper form 4s. 20 printed passport photos was around $4
View Quote
Or, use your cell phone held at arms length to take a selfie picture of yourself standing against a blank wall.  Open the pic in MS paint and take 30 seconds to crop and scale to equalize dimensions and make the file within the size limit.
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 3:33:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 1:10:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks, everyone.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 1:45:12 AM EDT
[#7]
I didn’t make sure to equalize the dimensions. I just looked and my image got a bit squished on my submitted eform.

Am I screwed? Can I remedy it? Or is it not a big deal?
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 2:56:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I didn’t make sure to equalize the dimensions. I just looked and my image got a bit squished on my submitted eform.

View Quote

I did the same thing for a couple of ones that I am waiting on.  From what I've read, in the past people have received approvals with similar photos.  I am just going to wait and see.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 1:04:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I did the same thing for a couple of ones that I am waiting on.  From what I've read, in the past people have received approvals with similar photos.  I am just going to wait and see.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Nintendo64

FWIW, I just got an approval of a form with photo that I did not scale.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 1:18:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

@Nintendo64

FWIW, I just got an approval of a form with photo that I did not scale.
View Quote

Thanks. I went into the electronic files section and added an updated photo that I cropped just in case.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 9:03:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Hell my last (4) form 4s the picture was uploaded sideways and they were all approved
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 9:11:09 PM EDT
[#12]
The Passport Photo ID application for androids makes it easy to take the picture.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top