Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/29/2020 3:25:00 AM EDT
Anybody have one? I’m looking to build a 10.5” pistol and am looking for a parts list that will run reliably to include buffer spring and weight. Thanks hive. As always, pics are extremely welcomed
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 10:31:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Anybody have one? I’m looking to build a 10.5” pistol and am looking for a parts list that will run reliably to include buffer spring and weight. Thanks hive. As always, pics are extremely welcomed
View Quote
I built a 8" one and a buddy built a 16" one. Both of us used QC lowers, bolt, and barrels. Both of ours run great. We both had the same problem initially, budged brass from the bolt unlocking too early. We also both fixed this by putting in a super heavy buffer like 8.5oz's. And it fixed the problem. What ever company you go with I would at least get the barrel, bolt, and lower from them. As these are the true working parts of the gun and you are far less likely to have problems and if you do they are more likely to help you fix it. Are you going to going to be shooting any 155gr?
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 12:08:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I built a 8" one and a buddy built a 16" one. Both of us used QC lowers, bolt, and barrels. Both of ours run great. We both had the same problem initially, budged brass from the bolt unlocking too early. We also both fixed this by putting in a super heavy buffer like 8.5oz's. And it fixed the problem. What ever company you go with I would at least get the barrel, bolt, and lower from them. As these are the true working parts of the gun and you are far less likely to have problems and if you do they are more likely to help you fix it. Are you going to going to be shooting any 155gr?
View Quote
Thanks Danner, yeah man I’m going to be running 155 almost exclusively (I’ve got a ton of it) with some 180 as well. Did you use a heavy spring as well in addition to the heavy buffer?
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 1:35:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 10:00:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Just a standard spring IIRC. Be aware the recoil is more than one would expect, still enjoyable but not great. I wish I had spent less on the project and made more of a beater truck gun. But QC10 was on only .40 game in town when I built it, and they ain’t cheap.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 1:39:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Plus one for Macon Armory. I have built 3 9mm ARs using his barrels, bolts, and buffers. All have been great! Planning a 10mm DI build soon.

James
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top