Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/13/2018 10:44:16 AM EDT
hey all,

in the market for my first centerfire can and saw something about the Q Erector pop up on instagram. I know the 22 version is cool and gets good reviews, but I was wondering if anyone had info on this new one? I would want to shoot 9, 45, and 300BO subs through it. anything else would be a bonus.
Link Posted: 5/13/2018 7:48:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I think its .223.
Link Posted: 5/13/2018 7:54:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think its .223.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/13/2018 8:07:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Pics and some info towards the bottom of this thread. https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/Q-Display-at-NRA/20-489069/
Link Posted: 5/13/2018 9:07:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Pics and some info towards the bottom of this thread. https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/Q-Display-at-NRA/20-489069/
View Quote
Did they specify caliber? I figured it was a pistol can.
Link Posted: 5/13/2018 9:14:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/13/2018 9:59:57 PM EDT
[#6]
View Quote
How would that page possibly help?
Link Posted: 5/13/2018 10:35:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
The wiki lists 11.43mm as one of the designations used for .45acp. The Q Erector model in question is engraved 11.43mm.
It isn't labeled 5.56mm (or .223) as chucku suggested it was a rifle can,  but seems to support that the can is a pistol can, specifically 45acp

Conjecture but it points to a pistol can since it is labeled with a pistol caliber.
Link Posted: 5/13/2018 11:17:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Do we know what  material these will be made out of?
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 10:09:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The wiki lists 11.43mm as one of the designations used for .45acp. The Q Erector model in question is engraved 11.43mm.
It isn't labeled 5.56mm (or .223) as chucku suggested it was a rifle can,  but seems to support that the can is a pistol can, specifically 45acp

Conjecture but it points to a pistol can since it is labeled with a pistol caliber.
View Quote
Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 10:58:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Q Instagram the other day showed one on the scale at the 8 oz range in full configuration if I remember. I don't know if they'll do aluminum following the rimfire Erector or Ti/stainless etc.
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 1:00:35 PM EDT
[#11]
A few months back they showed a 9mm erector on their instagram.

ETA my mistake. It was presented as 9mm and .45.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 12:01:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
Mithril
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 1:11:00 AM EDT
[#13]
I don't understand why Q doesn't offer the Erector with half stainless, half aluminum baffles... if you're shooting a lot just use the stainless baffles only (noise suppression seems fine in most cases with just a few baffles), if you're going for maximum suppression throw the aluminum baffles at the end to reduce buildup and clean them less often. Optimum weight/suppression could be steel blast chamber with only aluminum baffles to essentially mimic the current erector. Perhaps the holdup is difficulty machining stainless with that pattern vs aluminum? At the end of the day NFA sales don't always seem to follow the "price is the only important factor", many people see NFA items as a place to splurge due to the stamp tax anyways.
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 1:14:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Mithril
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mithril
Lol.  You got me.

Mithril is a fictional metal found in the writings of J. R. R. Tolkien, which is present in his Middle-earth, and also appears in many other works of derivative fantasy. It is described as resembling silver but being stronger and lighter than steel.
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 6:50:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Lol.  You got me.

Mithril is a fictional metal found in the writings of J. R. R. Tolkien, which is present in his Middle-earth, and also appears in many other works of derivative fantasy. It is described as resembling silver but being stronger and lighter than steel.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mithril
Lol.  You got me.

That's what makes it great for making suppressor lol
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 10:31:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I don't understand why Q doesn't offer the Erector with half stainless, half aluminum baffles... if you're shooting a lot just use the stainless baffles only (noise suppression seems fine in most cases with just a few baffles), if you're going for maximum suppression throw the aluminum baffles at the end to reduce buildup and clean them less often. Optimum weight/suppression could be steel blast chamber with only aluminum baffles to essentially mimic the current erector. Perhaps the holdup is difficulty machining stainless with that pattern vs aluminum? At the end of the day NFA sales don't always seem to follow the "price is the only important factor", many people see NFA items as a place to splurge due to the stamp tax anyways.
View Quote
I'm guessing it's a durability issue. On one of the Q podcast's, Kevin talks about the Erector and how it comes with a special tool for disassembly in case it gets locked together. If the baffles were of different construction, it would be harder to make a tool that could assist in disassembly without damaging the ones made of softer metal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top