Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/6/2019 2:27:00 AM EDT
Got a 2016 L3 Omni not turning on. No power. Tried multiple batteries any ideas?! Yes I made sure the batteries are in correctly. Was out on a walk, glad not during a hunt. Any ideas or tips!? Thanks gents.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 2:49:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Take advantage of that warrantee.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 2:57:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Will do.
Just wanted to make sure there wasn’t some trick known to the nvg gods first.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 9:37:16 AM EDT
[#3]
I know this is a stupid question but you don't have the gain turned down do you?
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 9:46:29 AM EDT
[#4]
. Nope I checked that right after I made sure the daylight cover was off. Lol. It was working fine before and then shut off - no white lights (brightness control) or drops. I’ve tried about 10 different batteries. All working in my other 14.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 9:51:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Maybe check the J arm connection?

Good luck and report back what the issue is.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 3:30:06 PM EDT
[#6]
I have no idea why but it’s working now. Same batteries. Just tested again with day light filter on and works fine. Not sure if I should send it in for a check up or not at this point.... weird.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 5:02:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Look into the battery compartment with a flashlight, is there corrosion/battery crud on the contact at the bottom? You can use a pencil eraser to clean the contact a little bit too.

Was the 14 connected to mounts or arms with shutoff features? They can do weird stuff sometimes.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 5:15:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Look into the battery compartment with a flashlight, is there corrosion/battery crud on the contact at the bottom? You can use a pencil eraser to clean the contact a little bit too.

Was the 14 connected to mounts or arms with shutoff features? They can do weird stuff sometimes.
View Quote
No signs of any corrosion or battery crud. It was helmet mounted with j arm for the walk and was fine. Got back to house all good. Shut it off and then decided to do one more handheld walk around outside backyard that’s when it shut off. There was some heavy fog but no rain.

Figured it must be the battery, switched em multiple times and nothing. Tried many times to turn it on and no dice. This morning I figured okay better package it up and I tried one more time with daylight filter and it works! Have turned it on and off many times today. Seems to work fine now. This thing has been babied and I always use new lithium’s. Lost some confidence in it, but if it’s working I figure I’ll keep it and IF it does not work again I’ll send it back for warranty.

Or should I just send it back now?

Eta - not sure if it matters but the j arm was still in the 14 when it quit working (separated from the wilcox mount and helmet).
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 5:26:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 5:30:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Piece of mind, send it back. No issue to take a look at it. Won't cost ya a thing...PM me your info, I will tell Jaimie to send you out an RMA.  Thanks.

Vic
View Quote
Thank you so much and will do. You guys are awesome!
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 4:16:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top