Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/28/2018 1:40:32 AM EDT
The Pulsar single lever QD mount (item # PL34000) looks good and tested well on several YT videos for return to zero. Just checking if there is something else available that I haven't seen that may be even better. Return to zero being the priority here. My searches aren't turning up anything.

Also does anyone know the proper size for Butler Creek flip up caps for the Pulsar XQ38 and XP50? Looking for the ocular end, and also the objective lens if needed. I say if needed because I'm not sure yet, but the factory obj cover doesn't look very dust/rain proof?
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 1:30:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Zero delta is great option, but cost 250ish
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 2:46:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I searched for the ZD mount before but for some reason I couldn't find it. It does look really nice but man its spendy and I'm not sure I see why it's worth triple the price of the PL34000. I like that it has no levers to snag but I've never had a problem with my Larue mounts either.  Thanks
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 4:12:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I’ve got both.  The zrodelta is easier on/off.  But you’re right, for three times the price, the extra 2 seconds it take with lever style isn’t that big a deal .  The pulsar factory mount are NOT the same build quality as Larue.  I’ve sent several email to Larue suggesting the make one, or an adapter that would allow them to retrofit to acog mount.  It would be easy, but there may not be enough money in it for them to fool with it . Not sure. But I’d take a Larue lever, over anything else .  Just locks up more solid than anything else.  My opinion of course.....
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 9:37:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm probably not going to move it between guns more than a couple times a year so that's no big deal. The main reason I wanted a QD mount is because several times a year I seem to get a cartridge stuck in the chamber and there's no way I'm butt-stroking the rifle on the ground to rip that round out with a $5000 electronic optic on it. As long as the Pulsar returns to zero and doesn't accidentally fall off then I'm cool with it.
Edit: If Larue made something for this scope in the $150-$200 range I'd probably have jumped on that.

Anyone know if there are Butler Creek caps (or something better) that fit both ends of the Trails?
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 8:38:54 AM EDT
[#5]
I had posted a thread asking if @LaRue_Tactical had any plans for this as well.  Maybe Mark can enlighten us.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 1:09:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Too late for me, they already shipped our Pulsar mounts. I figured they would wait until the scopes were in stock and ship everything together. Oh well, I think they will be fine. Still looking for scope cap recommendations if there are any options available.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 3:11:32 PM EDT
[#7]
I haven't received my Trail XQ yet but if the objective cover on it is the same or better than my Quantum HD38S is then it's very dust and waterproof. My HD has an objective cover O-ring seal that take a bit of effort to close correctly but when you do it's sealed up tight.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 10:42:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I haven't received my Trail XQ yet but if the objective cover on it is the same or better than my Quantum HD38S is then it's very dust and waterproof. My HD has an objective cover O-ring seal that take a bit of effort to close correctly but when you do it's sealed up tight.
View Quote
I don't see any O-ring and it seems to be a bit loose when closed. Kind of odd because the thing is stiff as hell to move when it is open. The factory objective cover may be OK, I haven't had it out of the yard yet. It seems that is the expensive end of a thermal so if anyone has long term experience I'd welcome it. I would still like to find out if anyone is using a good cap on the ocular end and what works.
Thanks
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 10:13:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I don't see any O-ring and it seems to be a bit loose when closed. Kind of odd because the thing is stiff as hell to move when it is open. The factory objective cover may be OK, I haven't had it out of the yard yet. It seems that is the expensive end of a thermal so if anyone has long term experience I'd welcome it. I would still like to find out if anyone is using a good cap on the ocular end and what works.
Thanks
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks
Thanks for your info on the XQ, makes me wonder since I have the HD38 if I could just swap that endcap over to the Trail for the added protection of the O-ring????? Have to see when my XQ gets here I guess.

Nightgoggles.......any updates on the ETA of the Trail XQ units????
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top