Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2018 11:05:04 AM EDT
Question to those that have one or both of these. I recently purchased a Quantum Lite XQ30V and used it for a hunt. I was not happy with the performance. The focus changed the image very little and the video screen was very grainy compared to my APEX XQ50 and Trail XQ38 scopes. I called Pulsar and questioned them regarding the focus and was advised that the Quantum series is mainly an infinity focus with very little adjustment. I sent the Quantum back for a refund (Amazon). I am looking to get the Helion XQ28F and since it runs the same 17 uM 384 core I am questioning will it have the same issues as the Quantum series. I am hoping that the focus will be the improved system as on the Trail series and the screen image will be clean....thanks
Link Posted: 9/15/2018 11:10:06 AM EDT
[#1]
I love my XQ28F and haven’t noticed any issues with focus. I can focus down to a few feet all the way up to infinity.  I don’t think you would be disappointed.
Link Posted: 9/15/2018 12:03:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I believe the quantum series uses a lens that is cheaper than the helion series. Its Pulsar's budget model so they obviously cut costs in various places.

My helion xq50f produces an amazing image
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 11:54:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Question to those that have one or both of these. I recently purchased a Quantum Lite XQ30V and used it for a hunt. I was not happy with the performance. The focus changed the image very little and the video screen was very grainy compared to my APEX XQ50 and Trail XQ38 scopes. I called Pulsar and questioned them regarding the focus and was advised that the Quantum series is mainly an infinity focus with very little adjustment. I sent the Quantum back for a refund (Amazon). I am looking to get the Helion XQ28F and since it runs the same 17 uM 384 core I am questioning will it have the same issues as the Quantum series. I am hoping that the focus will be the improved system as on the Trail series and the screen image will be clean....thanks
View Quote
The Helion is on a whole ‘nother level because of its OLED screen. If you’re coming from a Quantum, you will be extremely pleased.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top