Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/22/2021 6:55:28 PM EDT
Decided I'm going to jump into the market for one of these (finally).  I've read some about different trigger packs between generations, but not enough to know what to look for (if it's worth it).  Is the latest generation just as good as any other?  I see that PSA is selling them now for $1699.  Shop around or just fo?  Next step would be Form 1 and barrel chop, plus 50rd mags.

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 9:18:30 PM EDT
[#1]
The early models had a safety sear that kept them from firing out of battery.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 9:32:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 9:49:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They ALL still have the safety sear!

The main difference between trigger packs is how easy they are to modify to something illegal.

The Gen 4 trigger pack was supposed to eliminate the front safety sear but they have never released one.
View Quote

Not something I'm looking to do  So maybe I'll just go ahead and grab from PSA.
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 10:38:16 PM EDT
[#4]
I just bought one local to me this week.  Out the door, rifle, 2 additional mags, 200 rounds FN ammo, and tax was ~2200 and change.  It’s the latest version with a gen 3 hammer pack.  Aside from paying a bit too much for immediate gratification, I have zero regrets about the gen 3 hammer pack.

Personally, I think all the hubbub about the hammer packs is stupid.  People are paying $1600+ for gen 1 packs.  The people selling the packs glow.  The people buying the packs at that price do not give off the collector vibe if you get my drift.  Lots of, “Hi, I just bought a PS90, and I was looking to source a gen 1 pack for um reasons.  Also, does anyone have a link to the armor’s P90 manual?”

Add the fact that there are retailers selling aluminum gen 1 hammers and sears, so if you really want to improve the trigger pull aftermarket, you can without paying the ridiculous prices.

Just my opinion.  None of his applies if you’re a legit collector or get a deal so you can flip it.  Your mileage may vary.
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 11:09:30 PM EDT
[#5]
This is the one to SBR.
Worth the effort and $$.
I love mine.
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 4:43:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

This is the one to SBR.
Worth the effort and $$.
I love mine.
View Quote

^this…

I waited far too long to have it done.
It’s even more amazing now!
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 5:27:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

^this…

https://i.imgur.com/GeNL5QWl.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is the one to SBR.
Worth the effort and $$.
I love mine.

^this…

https://i.imgur.com/GeNL5QWl.jpg

Very nice.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 11:40:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I just bought one local to me this week.  Out the door, rifle, 2 additional mags, 200 rounds FN ammo, and tax was ~2200 and change.  It’s the latest version with a gen 3 hammer pack.  Aside from paying a bit too much for immediate gratification, I have zero regrets about the gen 3 hammer pack.

Personally, I think all the hubbub about the hammer packs is stupid.  People are paying $1600+ for gen 1 packs.  The people selling the packs glow.  The people buying the packs at that price do not give off the collector vibe if you get my drift.  Lots of, “Hi, I just bought a PS90, and I was looking to source a gen 1 pack for um reasons.  Also, does anyone have a link to the armor’s P90 manual?”

Add the fact that there are retailers selling aluminum gen 1 hammers and sears, so if you really want to improve the trigger pull aftermarket, you can without paying the ridiculous prices.

Just my opinion.  None of his applies if you’re a legit collector or get a deal so you can flip it.  Your mileage may vary.
View Quote

About sums it up...

Forrest
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 2:35:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

This is the one to SBR.
Worth the effort and $$.
I love mine.
View Quote

Shooting it suppressed has become my fav gun to shoot....
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 2:36:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

welcome to the club
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 2:51:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

welcome to the club
View Quote

Thanks!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top