Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/21/2020 9:35:14 AM EDT
I am a private party wondering if FED law allows me to ship C&R handguns interstate via UPS/Fedex TO a licensed C&R holder?

My State and receiving State don't appear to have any State laws on the matter.

The way I read the FED stuff says 'yes'  but....  

thanks!
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 10:06:41 AM EDT
[#1]
I believe you can.
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 10:07:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Of course assuming it is a C&R eligible item.
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 10:32:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Yep.  Same as a private party shipping a non-C&R firearm to a non-C&R FFL.

Just be sure to include a copy of your Driver's License, so the C&R FFL holder can log the gun into his bound book.
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 10:42:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Can't you just ship it via usps? Since you both have ffls?
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 11:16:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can't you just ship it via usps? Since you both have ffls?
View Quote

I believe the USPS exception is for FFL shipments in the normal course of business and C&R FFLs are not allowed to conduct business in firearms.
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 8:27:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes, FedEx one rate small box is what you seek.
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 8:32:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I am a private party wondering if FED law allows me to ship C&R handguns interstate via UPS/Fedex TO a licensed C&R holder?
View Quote

That's sort of the point of having a C&R license. They sign up for the license in the first place so they can get guns sent directly to them.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 3:03:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

That's sort of the point of having a C&R license. They sign up for the license in the first place so they can get guns sent directly to them.
View Quote

yes...BUT I was not 100% sure on them receiving from a PRIVATE PARTY, hence my question,

Thanks everyone!
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 8:42:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Sometimes it is cheaper to pay a FFL 01 dealer ship a handgun USPS than it is for you to ship a handgun UPS or Fedex...

Link Posted: 5/10/2020 10:44:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By dcs12345:
Sometimes it is cheaper to pay a FFL 01 dealer ship a handgun USPS than it is for you to ship a handgun UPS or Fedex...

View Quote

not sure about fedex, I loathe them for some local issues they have,
however UPS has the  flat rate  shipping, done by size  not weight (as long as it is under 50 lbs, )
the rates are given for several options, ground, 2nd day , etc,

I've only used Ground, so not sure how much if any savings are done for 2nd day air
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top