Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/25/2017 11:05:29 AM EDT
Whats the pricing going on out there right now? Any price drops?
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 8:18:27 PM EDT
[#1]
picked one up today for 1570 from field and stream price matched to bud's cash price
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 10:06:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
picked one up today for 1570 from field and stream price matched to bud's cash price
View Quote
Given the options(or lack thereof) that the ACR comes with, weight, and availability of aftermarket parts, I'd say it's a $1250 gun at best.  Not saying you didn't get a good, just saying I can't see the value of what Bushmaster is selling at the $1500+ price point.  They barely even support the gun themselves.  They only just came out with new factory barrel swaps, but they all still ship with the same barrel.  You pay extra to get anything else.  The Adaptive Combat Rifle.  Adapts to everything but the company selling it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 8:58:59 AM EDT
[#3]
It's about the price point that they advertised it would be when it was announced.

True however, that to make it more like the original announced rifle, I had to drop $540 at the get on a lightweight profiled, 14.5" barrel. Going to sell my original 16.5" barrel for a couple hundred bucks to help recoop the cost. But I guess that makes the gun a bit more expensive than the $1574 I paid in store.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 9:39:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Given the options(or lack thereof) that the ACR comes with, weight, and availability of aftermarket parts, I'd say it's a $1250 gun at best.  Not saying you didn't get a good, just saying I can't see the value of what Bushmaster is selling at the $1500+ price point.  They barely even support the gun themselves.  They only just came out with new factory barrel swaps, but they all still ship with the same barrel.  You pay extra to get anything else.  The Adaptive Combat Rifle.  Adapts to everything but the company selling it.
View Quote
FYI, it's not the same barrel. It's the same 16" M4 profile, but it's now a 1/7 twist (as are ALL the barrels and barrel kits now). Also, all models and barrel kits now come with the AAC Blackout 51T flash hider, not just the enhanced model.

Depending on the model, a reasonable price for an ACR (excluding the more expensive DMR model) is anywhere from $1,300 to 1,700. Anyone still asking $2,000 plus for the basic or enhanced models is not in tune with the current market and is price gouging.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 9:40:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It's about the price point that they advertised it would be when it was announced.

True however, that to make it more like the original announced rifle, I had to drop $540 at the get on a lightweight profiled, 14.5" barrel. Going to sell my original 16.5" barrel for a couple hundred bucks to help recoop the cost. But I guess that makes the gun a bit more expensive than the $1574 I paid in store.
View Quote
That's still cheaper than doing the same to and having all the same features on an AR.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 6:14:31 AM EDT
[#6]
It's weird how everyone complains about $1500 ACR prices and $500 ACR barrel prices, but no one complains about $2200 Scar prices or $900 Scar barrel prices.   I wish Bushmaster would stop advertising adaptability too... just so people would stop complaining.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 12:55:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It's weird how everyone complains about $1500 ACR prices and $500 ACR barrel prices, but no one complains about $2200 Scar prices or $900 Scar barrel prices.   I wish Bushmaster would stop advertising adaptability too... just so people would stop complaining.
View Quote
No idea what planet you live on, but I've never seen the SCAR mentioned without someone bitching up a storm about the massive price tag.  That alone is the reason I don't own one.  Also, SCAR -> .308, ACR -> 556.  The ACR will never be a SCAR, but at least the SCAR doesn't come with a stupid M4 profile barrel with a cut out for a grenade launcher no one has or will ever have.  And I wish Bushmaster actually cared about their product.  At least FN treats the SCAR like the golden price tag they attach to it.  Bushmaster forgot the ACR was even in their inventory until this year.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 2:05:30 PM EDT
[#8]
I have no interest in bickering with you. If you don't like the ACR, then don't buy it.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 5:35:54 PM EDT
[#9]
the enhanced versions are currently 1636 at grabagun, really testing my willpower to get a coyote ACR to go with my black one at this price.

i lost on this one, looks like I'll have one of each color
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 5:53:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Picked mine up today for $1350 plus tax

Ended up being $1466
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 6:02:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Think I saw your post in the acr Facebook page. Congrats on the steal!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top