Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/15/2018 11:00:19 PM EDT
Hey all, just looking for some thoughts on the price for a gently used Steyr AUG USR?  It has a 2x optic, looks great. I don't know squat about them but have a line on one. I know they only imported a few thousand, so rarity is a nice thing.  Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all.
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 4:23:53 AM EDT
[#1]
$1500 +, I think. Their rarity doesn't necessarily translate into $'s . A similar green A1 is $2000 or more.
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 8:38:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
$1500 +, I think. Their rarity doesn't necessarily translate into $'s . A similar green A1 is $2000 or more.
View Quote
Damn that sucks. I had read somewhere that they only imported about 3000 of them. I’m not sure if that is accurate but I thought that would help the value.  Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 2:35:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I paid $1,309 for a USR on GunBroker a couple years ago, but someone had cut the web out of the stock.

They're generally the least desired of the AUG family and therefore sell for the lowest money, even though they're few in number. Most buyers will not want the original config, and will be concerned with 922r when swapping parts (so they'd have to spend more total to reconfig than buying a newer A3 would cost).
The desirability of the USR rests in its A2 receiver and factory 1.5x optic.

For a collector to want it, it'd have to be NIB.
Link Posted: 7/18/2018 6:37:31 PM EDT
[#4]
The USR, IMHO, is undervalued, both as a user and as a collector piece.  Used values typically range 1500-1900, with near mint pieces bringing closer to the upper end of that range.  Considering the original, Swarovski made optics, the USR is the lowest cost entry to a factory Steyr w/ integral optics, and the glass is superior to the current A3/M1 or STG77 optics, which I have read are made by Meopta.  (The new glass has better contrast than the Swarovski glass, but is much higher in distortion (fishbowl), resulting in eye fatigue if used for much more than a quick aim)fully.

The heavy barrel on the USR was made by ADI, and is considered to be capable of greater accuracy than standard Steyr- or FN-manufactured barrels.

So, Austrian-made bullpup with original Swarovski optic and match-grade barrel, all for less than 2K seems like a bargain to me!  Just add the barrel takedown button and the USR has all of the A2 AUG functionality at a discount.

Under-appreciated, yes, but this results in high value.
Link Posted: 7/18/2018 7:50:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I might look into a USR when I get the money for an AUG, but I have the feeling I'd butcher it to remove the damn thumbhole plate.
Link Posted: 7/18/2018 9:09:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I butchered mine with an A3 stock and 16" A2 barrel.

Link Posted: 7/18/2018 10:15:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I butchered mine with an A3 stock and 16" A2 barrel.

http://i67.tinypic.com/xlj71i.jpg
View Quote
Nice hackjob Bubba.
Link Posted: 8/4/2018 6:40:48 PM EDT
[#8]
I paid $1900 for mine LNIB.   Awesome option not only with the cool old style 1.5x optic but you can swap in a rail to use a modern optic as well. Before the anniversary STG77  that was not possible without having to use  the modern scope (ugly).

The 20”  bull barrel and a plus a 16” make an awesome range/home defense combo.

A dremal and Cerekote can make quick work of the rear web if money is tight. I opted to just get a replacement stock and save the USR stock for collectors. I can Always but everything right back the way if came
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top