Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/6/2020 6:15:57 PM EDT
A local shop has a Vector V-53 SBR for sale, listed for $2,200.  It comes with both A2 and A3 stocks and 4 30-round mags.  I know fuck all about HK other than you have to pay to play.  One sold on Gunbroker a few days ago for just over $1,000 more and it was a regular pistol with no brace and 1 mag.  There's another one listed for over $4,000 that comes with a folding brace.  Thoughts?

Link Posted: 12/6/2020 6:26:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't know, but I'd fo.
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 6:42:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
A local shop has a Vector V-53 SBR for sale, listed for $2,200.  It comes with both A2 and A3 stocks and 4 30-round mags.  I know fuck all about HK other than you have to pay to play.  One sold on Gunbroker a few days ago for just over $1,000 more and it was a regular pistol with no brace and 1 mag.  There's another one listed for over $4,000 that comes with a folding brace.  Thoughts?
View Quote

Pay-to-Play does apply to HK, but less so for clones like the Vector.
Regardless, that package deal doesn't sound too bad, especially in the current climate. I bought one back in 2006. It was well made and reliable.
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 8:13:09 PM EDT
[#3]
that sound like a very good deal . those mags alone are 80+ dollar mags.......so that is 320 bucks worth  of mags, on the low end. and those stock are not cheap either........they go for big money, like anything that is HK

when I bought mine it was the pistol version. when I  SBR'd it  I put the same kind of  stock on it. because that is the type of stock they originally had

then a couple years later I switch the stock to the HK plastic buttstock........ and while I was at it, I replace the MP5 handguard to the HK53 one

Link Posted: 12/6/2020 9:58:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I may have to go check it out tomorrow.
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 10:15:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Don't know, but I'd fo.
View Quote

lol that's what I was going to say
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 11:00:53 PM EDT
[#6]
I have owned a Vector V53 for the past >10yrs.  Iif you pass on this please send me the details I would be very happy to pick up another especially at that price.  

Great sear host.  

One of my favorites.

Two is one and one is none.

Link Posted: 12/7/2020 1:15:33 AM EDT
[#7]
53 is my fav

Link Posted: 12/7/2020 6:15:36 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a Vector 53 that I SBRed 10+ years ago and a TSC Machine built HK53 made from a HK93 and a HK53 parts kit.

The Vector won't win any beauty contests being a US receiver built with a chopped up Maylay parts kit and a MAACO paint job,  compared to an gun made from all HK German components and put together by one of the best in the business...that said the Vector goes bang every time and turns ammo into noise with the best of them.

These were $1500 guns new when they were sold as pistols, plus you have $300 in mags and $400 in stocks, so even in normal times there is ~$2200 work of gun and accessories there.

Seems like a pretty square deal in normal times and a really good price during the recent craziness as the bare pistols are going for $3K on Gunbroker.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 7:00:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 10:43:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/FAqQ26V.jpg
View Quote

From your pic, it looks like 1 30 round steel mag and 3 40 round aluminum mags, so that makes a difference.  The steel mags at ~$70 to $80 new in wrapper and the aluminum ones were about $40 if you found them.

Also the collapsible stock matters as to the brand.  Real HK brings big $$ but there are a few knock offs,

If it’s all legit with 4 steel HK mags and an HK stock I don’t think it’s out of line.  Who knows in today’s world.  It’s worth what you want to pay.

Also might check the bolt gap
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 12:34:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Paid $1850 for mine.

Has some generic rail fore end.

Over all kinda rough.  Eventually gonna get if refinished and worked over..
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 2:40:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

From your pic, it looks like 1 30 round steel mag and 3 40 round aluminum mags, so that makes a difference.  The steel mags at ~$70 to $80 new in wrapper and the aluminum ones were about $40 if you found them.

Also the collapsible stock matters as to the brand.  Real HK brings big $$ but there are a few knock offs,

If it’s all legit with 4 steel HK mags and an HK stock I don’t think it’s out of line.  Who knows in today’s world.  It’s worth what you want to pay.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/FAqQ26V.jpg

Do the HK stocks all have HK markings?
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 9:01:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Here is a picture of my HK53 from the GB listing I purchased it from years ago. I have to admit it is one of my favorites. It now wears a more comfortable stock and a suppressor.

Link Posted: 12/8/2020 9:32:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Here is a picture of my HK53 from the GB listing I purchased it from years ago. I have to admit it is one of my favorites. It now wears a more comfortable stock and a suppressor.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/121296/HK_53_gunbroker-1720583.jpg
View Quote

What suppressor do you have? - I have a C93 that is SBR'd  - I love it - Its bark could be tamed a little - with such a short barrel what suppressor works well with it?
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 10:27:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

What suppressor do you have? - I have a C93 that is SBR'd  - I love it - Its bark could be tamed a little - with such a short barrel what suppressor works well with it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/121296/HK_53_gunbroker-1720583.jpg

Right now I am using a Silencerco Saker 5.56.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 11:23:16 AM EDT
[#16]
If you want one. Go down to the store and snatch that one up before someone else does while you're deciding.
You'll be really disappointed if you finally decide to go buy it and it's gone.
It's a good price. I had a Vector SBR of the 51. It was a great gun.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 9:13:50 PM EDT
[#17]
I guess given todays market the price is pretty good but I wouldn't place any added value on the package due to the A3 stock since the Vector SBR's I've seen came equipped with them.

I've had a couple of their pistols, sold them, I currently own a V53 SBR. All the guns (I have handled) have crooked barrels that pointed upwards to some degree or another but my SBR is the least crooked out of any I've examined.

In my experience the guns run and run well, no issues in full or semi auto. I would make certain the stocks fit, I can't install a German A2 stock on my V53 because the receiver is not shaped correctly at the rear section.

One big plus is the cheap mags from ProMag work great in my gun.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 5:23:22 PM EDT
[#18]
I scored one this past weekend. Paid more than I wanted at 2200 but.....

I can't recall the last time I have seen a vector V53 under 2K, Let alone one at all on my local trade board. The last one on GB went for 3200, and the last C93P went for 1685 on a buy now. The v53 and HK53 are probably my favorite HK firearm. I looked for a vector for a long time, and tyhis one was a steal and in my back yard
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 5:53:05 PM EDT
[#19]
I have one and wish it was chambered in 300BO.

I got in a trade a long time ago, I think the trade value was $1k. Means nothing toward today's prices though.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 6:26:12 PM EDT
[#20]
I paid that over 10 years ago.  Sounds good to me.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 6:52:37 PM EDT
[#21]
@bushmaster069

Did you get it?
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 7:05:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
@bushmaster069

Did you get it?
View Quote

I went and checked it out.  It seemed pretty clean, heavy for what it is.  If I had the extra cash I'd buy it, but I don't.  If someone wants it PM me and I'll get you the shop's contact info.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 7:09:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I went and checked it out.  It seemed pretty clean, heavy for what it is.  If I had the extra cash I'd buy it, but I don't.  If someone wants it PM me and I'll get you the shop's contact info.
View Quote

If it was a pistol it would probably already be gone.  People would rather e file or run a brace (LOL)

I want those mags - the 30 rounders.

There's a C93P in gunbroker right now for 1649. I'll probably take mine there if it does'nt sell on the EE here. That will be an interesting auction to watch.

Vectors are probably the best you can buy for a 53 clone, other than a DT or PCS. Century are ok ifd you get a good one, but no paddle.
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 4:02:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

If it was a pistol it would probably already be gone.  People would rather e file or run a brace (LOL)

There's a C93P in gunbroker right now for 1649. I'll probably take mine there if it does'nt sell on the EE here. That will be an interesting auction to watch.

Vectors are probably the best you can buy for a 53 clone, other than a DT or PCS. Century are ok ifd you get a good one, but no paddle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When I was there I asked about how long it takes to sell stuff like that and she said it does take longer. I passed on the info to a local Arfcommer so it’ll probably be gone soon.
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 4:57:47 PM EDT
[#25]
The stock alone is worth $500-600.  HK started bringing in their MP5s and dudes bought them and then made a run on all the collapsible stocks.  They went from $200 to $600 in a couple months.
That gun would move faster if it were non-SBR.  If it was a factory pistol thats been SBR'd, convert it back to a pistol.  Or attach one of those 3-lug fake suppressors.  They pin and weld to themselves.  It turns the gun to a title 1, 16" barrel rifle, and it can be removed without leaving any holes or marking on the gun.

I recently snagged a vector v53 rifle with mlok MI rail, a claw rail, 4 aluminum 40 rd mags, an extra handguard, an extra clipped/pinned lower and 2 of the x-products drums for $2100 shipped.
And a vector v53 rifle, which is the same short barrel setup as in OP, but with the fake suppressor, for $2050 shipped with a few mags and some ammo.

My smaller one, i'll probably SBR, remove the fake can, and snag one of these stocks for it so it looks like OP's picture.  Depending on what sort of sales tax or any silly "NFA processing fee", mine will end up being a few hundred bucks more.  So in that since, I'd say its a good deal.  However, I wouldn't really want to have to wait a year+ for a form 4 to take the gun home.  So mine being a title 1 and then me SBRing it, I'll get it a lot sooner.

And FWIW, there's a local store that has a real HK one like that.  I don't know all the details.  Its not a machine gun, but a SBR.  Fleming did something to it somehow.  They got it from a GI who sold it off a while back.  Its been sitting in the case for sale, listed at $12k for years.  I dont know what sort of magic joojoo they think it has, but nobody's buying it.
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 9:17:14 PM EDT
[#26]
The receiver in the first pic looks like the MKE receiver flats that were brought into the US by Todd Bailey. Those MKE flats and a few number that were rolled into receivers are closest to factory German  than anything on the market. The only thing was those flats still had rounded rail channels. Those channels were squared up on final forming. There are plenty of jigs now to square the rails up.
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 10:00:45 PM EDT
[#27]
I got mine this year,

I don't care for the finish. I may have it refinished by pcs to that nice thick HK dip.
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 10:53:01 PM EDT
[#28]
It's an interesting situation, but SBR'ing a gun seems to drop the market value.  Given the questionable future of braces, and the fact that guns like this are truly best enjoyed with a short barrel and a shoulder stock, I'd jump on the SBR.  Just be prepared for a long wait, that could get a lot worse if there winds up being a log jam of AR pistols entering the NFA registry.  The real downside to an SBR is that you have to have a current approval letter from the ATF to cross state lines, and they can't be possessed in some states.  Having said that, I have 3 AR-15 sbrs.  If you aren't going to buy this clone, pm me the details, I might pick it up.
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 8:26:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
It's an interesting situation, but SBR'ing a gun seems to drop the market value.  Given the questionable future of braces, and the fact that guns like this are truly best enjoyed with a short barrel and a shoulder stock, I'd jump on the SBR.  Just be prepared for a long wait, that could get a lot worse if there winds up being a log jam of AR pistols entering the NFA registry.  The real downside to an SBR is that you have to have a current approval letter from the ATF to cross state lines, and they can't be possessed in some states.  Having said that, I have 3 AR-15 sbrs.  If you aren't going to buy this clone, pm me the details, I might pick it up.
View Quote

If I had the extra cash I’d already have a Form 4 in the cue, but I’m not willing to buy it on credit. Honestly, I don’t get to shoot the guns I already have so this would just sit in the safe even if I did buy it.

I already sent the details to a local Arfcommer, but if he doesn’t snag it relatively soon I’ll PM you if it’s still available.
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 9:14:37 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
The receiver in the first pic looks like the MKE receiver flats that were brought into the US by Todd Bailey. Those MKE flats and a few number that were rolled into receivers are closest to factory German  than anything on the market. The only thing was those flats still had rounded rail channels. Those channels were squared up on final forming. There are plenty of jigs now to square the rails up.
View Quote

Excellent point about those MKE flats, they have the correct ribs stamped along the sides at the trunnion and around the magwell. The round rails are a dead giveaway too!

Again check the fit of stocks on these receivers as a German A2 with a metal backplate won't fit on any of these Vectors built on the MKE flats I've handled.
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 10:23:24 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Excellent point about those MKE flats, they have the correct ribs stamped along the sides at the trunnion and around the magwell. The round rails are a dead giveaway too!

Again check the fit of stocks on these receivers as a German A2 with a metal backplate won't fit on any of these Vectors built on the MKE flats I've handled.
View Quote

My first vector came in this week.  It has the rounded rails on it, and the previous owner has put on a metal/wood surplus stock.  It seems to fit fine, and nothing looks like it was smooshed or bent trying to make it fit.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 11:11:36 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

My first vector came in this week.  It has the rounded rails on it, and the previous owner has put on a metal/wood surplus stock.  It seems to fit fine, and nothing looks like it was smooshed or bent trying to make it fit.
View Quote

My vector is the same way.

So is this thing still around? With Vectors bringing over 3K on GB, and C93 pistols bringing 1650-1750 I'd be shocked if it is, form 4 or not. You know they can take stuff OFF the register and it costs nothing other than who ever is out the 200 bucks for SBRing it. I'd take the thing off the register if I was the dealer. Cap it or put a brace on it, and it would be gone in a day on GB if he can't sell it locally.  2200 is a good price for a vector if it's straight and has bolt gap.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 11:02:46 PM EDT
[#33]
It’s still available.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 2:35:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
It’s still available.
View Quote

I emailed you for the shop information.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 5:56:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It’s still available.

I sent it to you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top